The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
red86chevy

'86 brake trouble

Every since I put shoes/wheelcylinders on my '86 1/2 ton 2wd the pedal has been super soft with excess travel. My shoes are adjusted to where they are rubbing the drums when you spin them, I also installed a new mastercylinder, and calipers. I am still having the same trouble, but it seems to be much worse when the truck is first driven. its like the pelal will go all the way down and the truck just barely slows down. It seems to get a lot better when the truck is warm. Does this sound like air? I have bled and bled and bled and bench bled the master cylinder b/f i installed it. What could be my trouble?

Thanks,
Jeremy
86 c-10 383 w/ sportsman II heads comp 286h cam Edlbrock RPM Performer intake Holley 750 th350 w/2400 stall 3.73 gears with powertrax No-Slip posi unit. Just broken in good. Will get a 1/4 time this week.
red86chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: '86 brake trouble

Adjust the rear brake so they lock the wheels from turning using one hand. then back off the adjuster so the just turn freely with a slight drag. then bleed the brake system and see what you come up with.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote