The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
424shee

gmc lowering ?

I know there are alot of us that have gmc's and whenever someone asks a ? there are hardly any replies. so if someone could post a lengthly reply I know it would help alot of us out.as for my ?,I have a flipkit in my truck and am getting ready to buy wheels but I have to c-notch my frame first.so first of all I noticed my driveline is roughly 2 inches away from hitting my bed support.when I welded my leafspring brackets a friend said to weld them the exact opposite as the stock one's.now that I'm looking at it I think maybe I should have welded them about an inch further back so that the driveline would'nt be so close to the bed.now my other question is my wheels are moved forward about 2 or 3 inches so now that I'm getting ready to c-notch my frame I'm wondering if I got dearched springs if this would move them back into the original position.I just want to make sure everything is done right before I c-notch my frame.any info on this would be awesome.thanks
424shee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: gmc lowering ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 424shee View Post
I know there are alot of us that have gmc's and whenever someone asks a ? there are hardly any replies.
At least since the mid 1960's, GMC is largely synonymous with Chevy, especially when it comes to mechanical things (as opposed to trim levels and details). So don't run from the "Chevy" posts just because they don't explicitly mention GMC. For 67-72, you've either got trailing arm or leaf spring rear suspension... same as Chevy (however, I believe build stats indicate that a higher percentage of GMCs were built with leafs).
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote