The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
Hilandr451

She's r-r-r-runnin', Laddies!!

Red hot & full of pepper!! Shining in the remains of the day tonight in Northern California.

I spent my lunch hour picking up my Thermoquad from this spunky little 75 year old Italian man who runs a carb shop out of his Garage behind a non-descript 1960's vintage tract home in Vacaville. Sharp little fella, and can tell a mean Texan joke too! He charged me a whole $94.00 to bench my carb.

I got home after work and stuck the carb on the truck. She started right up and within a few minutes of adjusting the kinks out, (had to do everything by ear because of the cam) That "mutt 327" was purring like a big cat.

I took her for a spin through the neighbor hood, then out on the main drag. She sounded really good with that new set o' pipes and twin Magnaflows! Caught some scratch pulling out of the gas station which suprised me! Then I took her out to the country roads on the way to the dumps to "let 'er fly".

I took off from the stop sign a little heavy, but not too much - then she shifted like a dream pushing me back in the seat like she hadn't done in 10 or 12 years - then I kept the pedal mashed down until she was cruisin' at 75!!! Now THAT was something - the '66 hadn't been past 60 in at least 10 years!! I topped her out at a little over 80 before I shut her down and cruised home to pick up Mrs. Highlander for an evening drive in the country.

Thank you Mikey!

Tomorrow, I get started on the Airstream - I will be ready for the meet this weekend!!! I've got trophies, I've got a big "Rust NEVER Sleeps" banner, I've got 2 barbeques and enough mesquite to grill half of Texas, I've got beer and beef I'll be hauling it all there in the big bad '66 - LIFE IS GOOD!!
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
hewlett2002000

Re: She's r-r-r-runnin', Laddies!!

lmao, i dont know why but that reminds me of my 62 parts truck when i got it. i had no choice but to drive it 10 miles to my house cause i dident have a trailer. when i finally got it started we got in and i looked at my cousin and said " iiiiittttttt dddddddooooooonnnnnttttttt rrrrrrruuuuuuunnnnnnnn tttttttoooooooooo bbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaddddddddddd". lol, shook like a washin machine. we topped out at an amazing 30mph!!!!!!!! all i can say is we killed some skeeters, the cops couldent see the 95 inspection sticker through the cloud of smoke. anyways good luck.
thanks,
John
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
GREASEMONKEY72

looks pretty good, i dont know about that aircleaner though, its a bit of a fire hazard

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
Chevy Fleetside

I think the air cleaner needs to go...
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:53 AM   #5
Hilandr451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside View Post
I think the air cleaner needs to go...
Hey, it was cheap, it breathes good & it's short. I'll go for looks later.

I hooked the Airstream up last night an took her for a test drive - everything's a go for Saturday. That 327 pulls that 26' trailer just fine - I could hardly feel it behind me (except when I needed to come to a stop).

I installed my new grill, halogens, bezels & wiring harness tonight after supper. test driving the Airstream has sparked a new desire to finish the truck so I can go CAMPING!!!!! I'm picking the 700R4 up from the tranny shop next week and I'm starting on the front end conversion to late model discs and power steering. I have 99% of the parts - I just need to get off my butt & out to the shop!!
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote