The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
NotEnuff$$$

Need opinion on a '71 4 sale on e-bay.

Looking for some expert opinions here. What's right and what's wrong with this truck. Thanks. NotEnuff$$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Virgi...QQcmdZViewItem
I have been told by staff, and given a warning, not to advertise in my signature being I will not subscribe. I have been using this site to gain more traffic on my own, which is one of many in a network of sites that I own... even though I say I do not make anything off of them at all. Anyway the staff changed my signature instead of banning me, and will use it to advertise one of the sister sites instead!

Check out www.http://streetcruizin.com or www.chevygmcclub.com they both rock.

Also if you wish to subscribe to the site the information on how to do so is at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=50&a=17

Thank you and enjoy your day.

Last edited by NotEnuff$$$; 06-08-2007 at 07:41 PM.
NotEnuff$$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
cdowns

Re: Need opinion on a '71 4 sale on e-bay.

my opinon is its a bad link
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
NotEnuff$$$

Darn web addresses. It should work now.
I have been told by staff, and given a warning, not to advertise in my signature being I will not subscribe. I have been using this site to gain more traffic on my own, which is one of many in a network of sites that I own... even though I say I do not make anything off of them at all. Anyway the staff changed my signature instead of banning me, and will use it to advertise one of the sister sites instead!

Also if you wish to subscribe to the site the information on how to do so is at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=50&a=17

Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
69halfton

looks pretty sweet,
the body aint waving at me so id say its a good buy

If you can turn, Youre not going fast enough.

Favorite caption:

first car to 200 mph in the 1/4 mile, no parachute, drum brakes all the way around..
..back when men were men.
69halfton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
NotEnuff$$$

Yeah... the seller seems to have good feedback and fair prices. I guess the dollar stretches a little farther in Maine. Is there anything out of place on the truck?

Old 06-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
jay_shy
SWB 4X4 CLUB

The grill is from a 69 or 70 and the tach is not factory.

Jason
jay_shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
cdowns

every things original and everything works except whats not original and doesnt work// wonder if the same guy painted the body as who painted the frame with it all peeling off// if maybe 4-5thousand you could hold it for a few years and make a couple of hundred
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
lbpd719
Zappaphile!

the rattle can undercoating is a bit of a warning sign for me. I don't think I would fly on this site unseen (and yes I have bought cars / trucks just off pics). it appears there is a ton of lemon peel in the paint, etc.

Would need to see this one in person. It's easy to polish a turd, and take pictures for the net. It's another thing to see it in real life..

3k tops based on what I can see in the pics..

Last edited by lbpd719; 06-08-2007 at 08:40 PM.
lbpd719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
NotEnuff$$$

lbpd719... am I crazy to think you would find many trucks in similar condition to this one for only $3k. Even if its all bondo-ed up, $3k seems a bit low.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
lbpd719
Zappaphile!

I am just saying this one needs to be looked at in person before saying it is worth as much as they are asking.. A couple of warning signs are things such as the tach, the undercoat peeling off (revealing a normal, well worn frame), the rust that is still poking in the bed corners (look near the bottom of the gate). Look at all the dents in the bed that dont add up to the amount of scratches back there.. painting over rust doesn't make a truck rust free..

And the stated history doesn't match up with the parts under the hood. This truck has had some prep time for sale. Looks to me like someone spent a ton of money at LMC.

Here in CA, if its a polished turd (which is what I suspect based on the pics) it would go for about 3-5K depending on your area.. Internet sales tend to improve the price a bit..
Old 06-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbpd719 View Post
Here in CA, if its a polished turd (which is what I suspect based on the pics) it would go for about 3-5K depending on your area...
Please send me 10 of those $3000.00 trucks. It appears there are in abundance in your area.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #12
71swb4x4

He doesn't know a whole lot about these trucks. That's a big concern.
I would definitely need to see this in person before buying it.

Post a message on the board. Maybe you can find a board member that is willing to go look at it for you. I was looking at a Blazer in California and a board member saved me a huge headache by checking it out and taking pictures proving it was loaded with bondo.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #13
Truck Hippy

To me, The "Buy it now" is to high. Wrong inner/outter grill, hood emblem, tach, fair paint, zero detail on the frame. It looks like a great driver with a little work. $7,500ish??
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

The front bumper is also a different year than the grille(signals in both).To me that screams look closer,since it's easier to piece together a truck from what's available(cheap).The body lines near the drivers front fender are somewhat wavy and so is the body line on the pass side bed.The orange peel on the front fender ahead of the marker and what appears to be a dent behind.Front edge of passenger door also looks dented or bent.The truck does look very good at first and you have to look closely for the things I saw.The fact that the top side is so "polished" and the undercarriage seems to have been halfa$$ed bothers me.Not only that the paint and undercoat is peeling but the control arms seem to be rough(from rust or whatever).In the comments it says the cab corner was repaired,but he doesn't think it was replaced?There's a lot of work in detailing the engine and the body with out it seeming to have had any under carriage restoration.The wiring is also kinda sloppy for a truck with that much detail on the engine.
Now all that said it is a nice looking truck.I got the impression from your post you were looking for a "Devils Advocate" and wanted someone to pick it apart to help you decide whether to bid on it or not.
BTW the Buy it now is low.If you can find someone who pays that for it then you may have priced it too low.I'm not saying it's worth even the BIN but setting the BIN at that makes me think the seller would be very happy with that amount.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 06-08-2007 at 10:30 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #15
woodrow59
OzarkHillbilly in Atlanta

Good lookin' truck, But for that money they should tell ya why the front end is a 69-70 grill and hood with a 71-72 bumper. I read the Q & A's and

"The Vin# is CE141B620723,It has Power Disc Brakes on Front and Drums on back and Power Steering as well as A/C,Haynes Motor Manual says that both grill was used in 1971 cause of the Cheyenne Package but the grill could of been changes in the last 36 years too. I will do some more research on this. What do you mean by Model, it is C 2WD #? Thank For Your Interests and email me direct at motornut1965@roadrunner.com HL. "

Anybody heard of this ???? a 1971 Cheyenne with a '70 grill ???

Or was he just trying to say they where interchangeable ???

68 Longhorn C20 Custom Camper (sold)
woodrow59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #16
71swb4x4

woodrow59, I took the Q & A that you posted to mean that he doesn't know much about these trucks, and you had better check it out in person for yourself. Two concerns:
1) the statement on the 70 grille - the guy is smoking crack
2) not knowing what a model number is

Overall in his Ebay ad he just doesn't seem to know much about the truck. I am guessing he is either selling it for someone, or he saw it for sale in the Denny's parking lot and bought it thinking he could flip it for some quick cash.

Last edited by 71swb4x4; 06-08-2007 at 10:41 PM.
71swb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #17
woodrow59

PanelDeland,"The wiring is also kinda sloppy for a truck with that much detail on the engine." Good look at detail,,,,,, looks like something I would do !!! LOL

Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
woodrow59

From looking at what he has sold and what he is selling,,,,,I would guess he's selling for someone else. Don't know but just be carefull !!!! (again,,,that is a good lookin truck !!! ]

Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 PM   #19
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

I wonder if it is even a real cheyenne... anyone notice the cargo lamp switch? It's not the right one, nor in the right location, nor is there a hols or signs of one where the switch belongs (under the dome light)
That cab originally had a white roof on it too as seen byt he chrome divider under the rear window, so even if it is what it's clamed to be, the word restoration is used loosely.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #20
jerry moss
Born Psycho

nice looking truck,BUT, i'd have to see it in person. as said before, grille has been replaced, cargo light switch is wrong, no cheyenne super tailgate handle, wrong tach, flaking frame paint. IF the sheetmetal is original and rustfree as stated then 7-8K wouldn't be too bad. to me it looks like a "pieced together" truck, but thats my opinion and not intended to offend anyone.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 AM   #21
CrashEd
72 chevy

It seams funny that the bob white dealer sticker made the years preaty well but the spid sheet with the heavy plastic cover didnt. i would say peacied together truck. Dose it have a high hump too. Still a really nice truck just not a orignal one that was babied and covered all its life.
Ed
CrashEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 AM   #22
NotEnuff$$$

Love the replies... and that is why I love this board. Thanks for the opinions... they really help. I'll eventually find my diamond, I just don't want it to be too rough.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:49 AM   #23
67CHIP72
STOLEN

It's not a Super (just my opinion). Sounds like they think they know it's history pretty well, so you would think they could produce some documentation. My advise is know what you are bidding on. If your gut tells you something is not right, move on. There were plenty of trucks I wanted to buy when I saw a jpeg of them; when I saw them in person, I ran like hell.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 AM   #24
lbpd719
Zappaphile!

I might go around and photograph some of the trucks that are just "sitting" around my area to give you an idea..

Open your eyes and if your area is anything like California, there are tons of trucks looking for new homes...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #25
jamie72

nice truck but they should have better with the little stuff, evne looks like the cargo light is crooked..

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote