The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
68MoneyPit

What are you looking for ?

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-23-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
indyracer

Re: What are you looking for ?

As in free??? If you are going to be selling, this thread will be "Limited Time Only" as you have to be a supporting member to post items for sale.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

1970 Chevy CST10 (Green)
2005 Silverado Z71
2000 Pontiac Bonneville
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
68MoneyPit

Angry Re: What are you looking for ?

edited by admin

Last edited by centsless; 08-23-2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: fs
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
Brock
upgrading to an older model

edited by admin

Last edited by centsless; 08-23-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
57sailplane

nobody is trying to run you off this site. its a pleasure having you on here. with good jesters as yours. what has not been explained to you is in the past this site was haveing a hard go at it cause there got to be so many members, and it was pretty much free. but the only way the could keep it goin was to get a donation some how, and this is the way they have done it. was to ask that you be a subscriber before selling anything.. now i do understand your greif as far as being jumped about it all before even getting a chance. i don't think he was trying to run you off either just trying to let you no before it gets removed from screen and you realy get upset. anyways yes there are a few rules on here but not to many and this is one of the best forums on the internet. thanks for joining us. later andrew
Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MoneyPit View Post
My intentions are to do the same for others that I would expect them to do for me on this site, which is to give others help finding what they are looking for, and advice on things that I know about that they may not. This is not the salvation army ....so no I am not giving this stuff away
You agreed to the site rules when you signed up.

If you cannot follow them, and insist on being a non-subscriber posting threads to offer parts for trade or sale, then you will be banned.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 08-23-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
68MoneyPit

edited by admin

Last edited by centsless; 08-23-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #8
57sailplane

glad to see your getting the membership. i think you will find after coming here a wile and seeing how things work that its well worth the while.
later andrew
Old 08-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Quote:
I DID agree to the rules of this site, but what I did not do is create a catalog with pricing

When I posted a thread asking what I should ask for it, I promptly received a rude message telling me that I could not ask this of other board members without a subscription and it was removed.

Kinda gives you a new outlook on how things work.
Agreeing with them and READING them are two different things. For sale and what's it worth threads are allowed for subscribing members. All for sale or trade ads must include the price.

Things work well here because of rules. Without rules, there is chaos. That's how things work. If you have issues with that, please PM a moderator or administrator with your concerns.

When your membership is active, fell free to post a complete list with pricing. I'm sure you will have many bites.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 08-23-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #10
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
.... I promptly received a rude message telling me that I could not ask this of other board members without a subscription and it was removed. Kinda gives you a new outlook on how things work.
An outlook on how things work?

You break the rules (which is rude to the members and admins), and someone tells you this (which is rude to you), and now "you see how things work"?

You're right, that makes complete sense.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #11
krue
Designated A-hole!

Not to mention all the people trying to get around subscribing to sell by asking what something is worth, then pm'ing the responders with offers to sell. I'm not accusing you of this, I'm just telling you that is why the rule is what it is.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #12
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

68MoneyPit- Please understand that everyone that has responded so far is just trying to be supportive of the site, it's rules, and the admins that have to enforce them. Getting hit by 2-3 at one time may feel like your getting attacked, but I assure you their intentions are good.

Along with the reasons already stated, the admins were forced to go to a subscription service for anyone that offers items for sale. This is the only way they can have any type of control over who does, and does not offer items for sale. If a subscriber does not follow the forum guidelines in their transactions, they loose their selling privileges.

Unfortunately a few bad apples ruined it for the majority, but this has been very effective and keeps bad transactions to a minimum.

If you have any concerns or questions with this policy, please feel free to contact myself or any of the administrative staff. We will be glad to help you if we can.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #13
centsless
sufficiently talented fool

Please join the site, and then post a "whats it worth" in the parts board. There will be plenty of people including myself that will be more than happy to assist you in getting a fair price for what you are selling. I am sorry this thread had to be edited and locked, but as stated earlier, rules are rules.
1981 Corvette
1966 Impala Convertible
Click here to support the board
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #14
Rod

If anyone wants to give a specific item away they can post that they'll give it away in the classifieds sections if the respond to a subscribers initial thread about that item that the classifieds poster wanted. I give stuff away once in a while myself...ship it free too.

You dont have to be a subscriber to answer someones classifieds section post as a wanting buyer or seller. You subscribe if you want to sell your items, or if you just want to to keep the board active. Sometines the answers here alone are worth more than the 100 hours it would take to research or do trial by error.
Couple more ways to use the board is to search here before buying on ebay, .......that wrongly listed item.
72 Chev 1 ton tow truck 402BB w/Holmes 440 wrecker on propane
2005 FLSTSCI Harley Springer
85 FXSB Harley Lowrider
72 Triumph 650 Bonneville 5spd
"Poor people don't have hobbies" Quote from wife.

Last edited by Rod; 08-23-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Closed Thread