The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
ksjh1316
Account Suspended

CST question

Other than the SPID sheet is there another way to identify a true 67 CST SWB truck? What equipment usually came with this package and was there anything that was unique to 67 in it. Anyone have some exterior and interior pics of one.

Tried the search and nothing really came up with too much info. Thanks for the help I found one that maybe atleast Custom but can't tell the SPID sheet is gone
ksjh1316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: CST question

Not alot of difference between the Custom and CST.The differences were in things like the seat,which usually isn`t still original.I`ll have to think a bit to give a good reference.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Thumbs up Re: CST question

67 Z84 Custom Sport truck; Chassis and cab & pickups only; includes bright metal grille moldings, headlight bezels, vent window frames & windshield moldings, control knob trim, pedal trim, horn button cap, chrome front bumper,special CST emblims, vinyl bucket seats with padded centerconsole; carpeting; RH & LH arm rests; RH padded sunshade;cigar lighter; special cowl insulation; under body coating; vinyl door trim

The horn button is an interesting 67 CST only item... attached is a chevy, and a GMC version. The standard one (and CST in 68) was a bull silver/gray unit that just said chevrolet or GMC in black.
The doors would have a badge like the attached one...except would say CST instead of custom.
There could/should be some chalk markings on the firewall that says Z84... I've seen it on the back wall of the cab under the window, between the bed and cab.
This was avalible on stepsides too, but without the lower trim.
The 67/68 ones are not as easy to spot as 69/70 CST, or 71/72 cheyennes (same option package, new name) since the later ones all came with headliners... and that was a Z-84 item only. (the cheyenne supers too,,, late 71 and 72... but no packages LESS than Z84 got it)
Attached Images

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote