The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
tim21391

Tell your stories about cops pullin you over

well recently about 30 minutes ago i was "clocked" doing 42 in a 30...sounds kinda high....my speedo said i was doing 30 or so...i drive past a cop and hes pointing for me to get over..i pull over and then he comes up to me and puts his hand on my bed of my truck and checks it out im guessing he likes it he comes up and sounds all big and bad..how fast do you think you were going blah blah blah.... anyway either he liked the truck and just wanted to pull me over or my speedo is off by alot...happened to me about 6 months ago...some chick cop pulled me over for doing 53 in a 40....i guess they just like the truck cuz both times i got out with a warning....im not saying i shouldve got a ticket cuz i dont want one....but how fast they say i was going is about $120 ticket here...... easy to speed in these truck i know that
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
fastom
That's right, it's Copper!!

Re: Tell your stories about cops pullin you over

Let's see, a 72 with a big block and 40 flows driving over the speed limit. Sounds like a good reason to stop you and write a ticket.
fastom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
pyro883

I was pulled over when I was stationed in AZ by the highway patrol....the cop then offers me a job with the highway patrol....good recruiting....NOT
pyro883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
cstm68

my dad and i were pulled over in his 66 mustang when he had it, the cop just wanted to look at the car.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #5
71Chevy4-speed
Speed Limit = Floorboard

- Got pulled over in my '71 doing 72 in a 55 - (ticket)
- Pulled over in my own driveway - cop was looking for someone else(no ticket)
- Pulled over twice for loud exhaust, one included plate light out - (fix it ticket), got around that one(custom removable baffles that slide in the reducers)
- Pulled over multiple times for speeding when i wasn't, just late at night and cop wanted to check for d.d. , insurance, regs, would be my guess(no tickets)
- Pulled over for taillight out, borrowed cops flashlight to fix it lol(no ticket)
- Pulled over twice for license plate light out, one of those included dirty plate.(no ticket)
Theres more i can't remember but I'm rather familiar with the process.

Last edited by 71Chevy4-speed; 03-03-2008 at 01:32 AM.
71Chevy4-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
milled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Chevy4-speed View Post
- Got pulled over in my '71 doing 72 in a 55 - (ticket)
- Pulled over in my own driveway - cop was looking for someone else(no ticket)
- Pulled over twice for loud exhaust, one included plate light out - (fix it ticket), got around that one(custom removable baffles that slide in the reducers)
- Pulled over multiple times for speeding when i wasn't, just late at night and cop wanted to check for d.d. , insurance, regs, would be my guess(no tickets)
- Pulled over for taillight out, borrowed cops flashlight to fix it lol(no ticket)
- Pulled over twice for license plate light out, one of those included dirty plate.(no ticket)
Theres more i can't remember but I'm rather familiar with the process.
R U KIDDING
I thought here in colorado we had aggresive cops but geesh!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally I find it a total invasion on my rights to be pulled-over and screened. Nice to hear you're still a free man in Alaska
Old 03-03-2008, 01:40 AM   #7
sickchevy68cst
Rice Killing 101

um well me and my friend were out rice hunting in his 73 challenger with a 440 BB in it and pullin about a buck 50 past a cop and course we get the whole shibang lights sirens and all the bells and whistles. the guy is like wat the hell dude (the cop was drivin the new 08 charger with a hemi in it). hes then like well at least its a mopar and let him off with a warning and hes like crap now i gotta catch up to that lil rice burner. freakin mopars

P.S. the speed limit was a 25 :|

Ride:
1968 c20 lwb 327(orig motor)/np435/eaton 4.10 w/posi
puttin in a 496 rebuilding trans need to rebuild diff :|
need to start takin pics and start a project thread

Last edited by sickchevy68cst; 03-03-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: um yea
sickchevy68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
67shortie
Green club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchevy68cst View Post
um well me and my friend were out rice hunting in his 73 challenger with a 440 BB in it and pullin about a buck 50 past a cop and course we get the whole shibang lights sirens and all the bells and whistles. the guy is like wat the hell dude (the cop was drivin the new 08 charger with a hemi in it). hes then like well at least its a mopar and let him off with a warning and hes like crap now i gotta catch up to that lil rice burner. freakin mopars

No offense, but I find this hard to believe. Cop sees you doing 150 in a 25 zone and let's you off with a warning?

Son you are going to drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln
67shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #9
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Got another one......doin a little tuning on the 69, drop down below the hill, where things are nice a quiet(I thought). do a NICE smokey burnie in the old truck, grab 2nd, then get out of the throttle. Well, there was a cop sittin @ the corner(woops!) He pulls me over, & says "'its hard for us NOT to pull you over, when we are sitting right there", & people are lookin at us like "well are you gonna do something"? He asked if I was restoring the old truck, & I commented ....yes, & doing a little tuning. Handed my DL back, & told me to take the tuning OUT of town. thats a BIG yes sir crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....

Last edited by crazy longhorn; 03-03-2008 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling LOL
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 AM   #10
crazy longhorn

I have a bunch more, but this one had 2 cops laughin their azzs off! Buddy Jay comes rollin in, "Al I think my tranny is slippin in my new Extreme". So I take it for a drive. It felt fine to me, but he says taker her down where its qiuet(no traffic & KICK IT). Ok, I do another freakin burnie.....& the reds come on(dammit). The cop walks up & asks what excuse I have to offer, I pipe right up "no excuse officer, I just screwed up"! MAN, look on that cops face was worth at least 2000 words!LOL! Jay chimes right in, with "officer he is my mechanic, & checkin my tranny out cause I thought is was slippin". I come back with, "well it didnt sound like it was slippin to me".....& those 2 cops busted up laughin, & told us they had better not catch use in this part of town again tonite
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 AM   #11
Truck Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67shortie View Post
No offense, but I find this hard to believe. Cop sees you doing 150 in a 25 zone and let's you off with a warning?
I agree on this one.
Truck Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:05 AM   #12
dave2953
Dave's not here, man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchevy68cst View Post

..... Sure you did
dave2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #13
'67fleet

My truck maxes out at about 50 MPH with the inline 6 (I could push it faster but dont really need to), dont hear much from cops haha
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

1. I got pulled over for defective inspection sticker in Tx one time.It was a sticker a Buddy and I soaked off and glued to the window.I had a high Maintainence GF with me at the time and she was dressed very seductively.The cop came up leaned over and looked in the window.Straightened back up and reached in to tap the sticker."You need to get that fixed".It was pretty obvious the car wouldn't pass inspection.Then the cop turned around and walked back to the squad car.
Oh, if you're thinking the cop just let me off because of the GF,I really doubt it since the cop was a hottie herself.

2. I wasn't driving and was in fact probably too drunk to have if I would have tried.My Buddy(sameone with the sticker) was pulled over after having picked me up from a club.he was a Mechanic and had driven a beater he had just gotten(checking to see what he needed to do to it).I was in the passenger front seat.There was a training officer and a rookie in the squad car.The training officer got my buddy out of the car and was talking with him.The rookie came to my window and tapped on the glass.I rolled the window down about an inch or so and handed him my licanse.He asked a couple of questions and then asked me to get out of the car.I replied "No thank you I don't believe I want to."
A couple more questions and the same reply.He was looking pretty puzzled,but stepped back to the squad car to run want's and warrants on us.While he was back there I looked in the rear veiw for my buddy and could not see him or the other officer.The rookie came back and stood there holding my licanse,"would you step out of the car and get your license?"
"No thank you sir,I dont believe I want to."
"Mr.Brooks,Why wont you step out of the car?"
"Cause I'm F!^%(*& Drunk and I don't want to go to jail for Public intox."
"What if I don't want to hand you your license?"
"It'll just cost the city postage to send it to me.The address is correct."
He handed me my licanse and stepped away.A minute or so later my buddy gets in the car laughing his butt off.What's so funny?
That rookie cop didn't know what to do when you wouldn't get out of the car.The other one was laughing so hard he made me step to the back of his car so the rookie wouldn't see.
Then the rookie asked the other one as I was coming back to the car why that officer presence thing didn't work.But by then the older cop was laughing so hard he couldn't talk.

There have been a few others like the time I poured a beer into the top of a cops boot and some for speeding and such but usually just run of the mill stuff.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #15
crazy longhorn

Ill tell you a story about a cop that didnt pull me over.....drivin my little (brite yellow ) sand rail. That cop followed me all over town, & I wasnt being crazy with it? Last stop sign, I thought what the f23k, it legal.....dropped the hammer, & started grabing gears right in front of him! cop turned the corner & went to get some bad guys I guess crazyL
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #16
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
1. I got pulled over for defective inspection sticker in Tx one time.It was a sticker a Buddy and I soaked off and glued to the window.I had a high Maintainence GF with me at the time and she was dressed very seductively.The cop came up leaned over and looked in the window.Straightened back up and reached in to tap the sticker."You need to get that fixed".It was pretty obvious the car wouldn't pass inspection.Then the cop turned around and walked back to the squad car.
Oh, if you're thinking the cop just let me off because of the GF,I really doubt it since the cop was a hottie herself.

2. I wasn't driving and was in fact probably too drunk to have if I would have tried.My Buddy(sameone with the sticker) was pulled over after having picked me up from a club.he was a Mechanic and had driven a beater he had just gotten(checking to see what he needed to do to it).I was in the passenger front seat.There was a training officer and a rookie in the squad car.The training officer got my buddy out of the car and was talking with him.The rookie came to my window and tapped on the glass.I rolled the window down about an inch or so and handed him my licanse.He asked a couple of questions and then asked me to get out of the car.I replied "No thank you I don't believe I want to."
A couple more questions and the same reply.He was looking pretty puzzled,but stepped back to the squad car to run want's and warrants on us.While he was back there I looked in the rear veiw for my buddy and could not see him or the other officer.The rookie came back and stood there holding my licanse,"would you step out of the car and get your license?"
"No thank you sir,I dont believe I want to."
"Mr.Brooks,Why wont you step out of the car?"
"Cause I'm F!^%(*& Drunk and I don't want to go to jail for Public intox."
"What if I don't want to hand you your license?"
"It'll just cost the city postage to send it to me.The address is correct."
He handed me my licanse and stepped away.A minute or so later my buddy gets in the car laughing his butt off.What's so funny?
That rookie cop didn't know what to do when you wouldn't get out of the car.The other one was laughing so hard he made me step to the back of his car so the rookie wouldn't see.
Then the rookie asked the other one as I was coming back to the car why that officer presence thing didn't work.But by then the older cop was laughing so hard he couldn't talk.

There have been a few others like the time I poured a beer into the top of a cops boot and some for speeding and such but usually just run of the mill stuff.

That right there is funny.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #17
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I remember one time when I first got my Scion I was blasting through a school zone about a buck 65 and a couple of those crossing guard kids jumped into the sidewalk waving their flags. I screeched to halt so I wouldn't knock em into next Tuesday.

While I was sitting there waiting some little tyke pulls up next to me in his big wheel and calls me out. Cmon old man lets see what that square car can do. So I started revving my Scion getting ready to put the hammer down on that punk, I looked over and he had popped a NOS pacifier in his mouth...Oh crap!!!

The crossing guards waved their flags as they hopped up back up onto the curb. I smashed the gas pedal down so hard it bent the floor board.

I have no idea how fast we were going, Im guessing pretty close to two bills, but I couldnt shake that kid. Anyway we blow past the donut shop just as the sheriff is getting into his cruiser. He had us dead to rights so we both just pulled over.

He was actually pretty cool. Told me his grandma just got the same Scion except hers has a hemi and its made by Studebaker.
He was writing up the kid for a fix it ticket...No taillights and that little clicker thing that make noise against the back tire was bent a little.

I was thinking, tough break for the kid when out of the corner of my eye I saw this orange blur come shooting out of no where. It must of blew past us going at least 300, all four wheels off the ground...Sheriff looks up and yells, Its those gol dern Duke boys!!

He yelled to us as he took off after the Charger. You two take it easy out here. He let us off with that as a warning.

All true I swear it.

Last edited by CG; 03-03-2008 at 05:09 AM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 AM   #18
crazy longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I remember one time when I first got my Scion I was blasting through a school zone about a buck 65 and a couple of those crossing guard kids jumped into the sidewalk waving their flags. I screeched to halt so I wouldn't knock em into next Tuesday.

While I was sitting there waiting some little tyke pulls up next to me in his big wheel and calls me out. Cmon old man lets see what that square car can do. So I started revving my Scion getting ready to put the hammer down on that punk, I looked over and he had popped a NOS pacifier in his mouth...Oh crap!!!

The crossing guards waved their flags as they hopped up back up onto the curb. I smashed the gas pedal down so hard it bent the floor board.

I have no idea how fast we were going, Im guessing pretty close to two bills, but I couldnt shake that kid. Anyway we blow past the donut shop just as the sheriff is getting into his cruiser. He had us dead to rights so we both just pulled over.

He was actually pretty cool. Told me his grandma just got the same Scion except hers has a hemi and its made by Studebaker.
He was writing up the kid for a fix it ticket...No taillights and that little clicker thing that make noise against the back tire was bent a little.

I was thinking, tough break for the kid when out of the corner of my eye I saw this orange blur come shooting out of no where. It must of blew past us going at least 300, all four wheels off the ground...Sheriff looks up and yells, Its those gol dern Duke boys!!

He yelled to us as he took off after the Charger. You two take it easy out here. He let us off with that as a warning.

All true I swear it.
Cool story, but tell us a real 1 now
Old 03-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #19
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
Cool story, but tell us a real 1 now
LOL...well I figured it was going to be as "real" as a bunch of the others that were going to end up being posted.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 AM   #20
PipsC10

Nobody throw rocks at me, but I have a good one from the other side. I am a Deputy Sheriff. A few years back a little old 80 somethin year old lady in a nova was riding my a$$ while I was driving in my marked patrol car. I was doing the speed limit, 25 mph. A pulled to the shoulder and let her go by, pulling in behind her. I stopped her a short distance later and when I asked her why she was following me so close she got all pissed and replied, "because you're going to damn slow." Sweet little old grandma.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #21
tim21391

pipsc10.....since you were a cop...this cops came up to my truck and put his hand on my bed of the truck i told my dad that since im 17 and hes 40 and wiser...i go why does he do that he goes he touched your truck because if you took off and tryed to run or supposedly you have a gun or anything and then you take off they have his fingerprints on your truck and know it was you......is that true?? im not saying i ran or anything or had a gun...im thinkin hes making up stories
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #22
tdave00
Restoring a 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipsC10 View Post
Nobody throw rocks at me, but I have a good one from the other side. I am a Deputy Sheriff. A few years back a little old 80 somethin year old lady in a nova was riding my a$$ while I was driving in my marked patrol car. I was doing the speed limit, 25 mph. A pulled to the shoulder and let her go by, pulling in behind her. I stopped her a short distance later and when I asked her why she was following me so close she got all pissed and replied, "because you're going to damn slow." Sweet little old grandma.
Now that's funny. I don't care who you are!
tdave00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #23
Wreckless_71

Well I live in a small town longorange68 knows (kelso) on the washington side of the columbia river. My girlfriend and I went out for dinner and some crusin' so about 9:30 -10:00 we decide to drive across the columbia to Ranier. I won't lie to you guys, I speed... I own a lowered '71 chevy with a built 350 and I'm 18 years old...a cop could pretty much pull me over at any given time for blue dots, noise violation, etc. you get the picture. But I'm drivin' around with my girl and I keep the reckless driving to a minimum. So I'm crossing the Lewis and Clark bridge and my radar detector starts going wild, there's a cop sitting on the oregon side of the bridge, no big deal, I'm not speeding. So I continue on and as I'm hitting Highway 30 into Ranier and I see the cops headlights come on in my rearview mirror...dang! So I continue on, stop at the park, and my girlfriend and I are swinging at the park and watch the cop drive through town two times... I swear to God that he is looking for my truck. at this point I'm like lets get outta here, and my girlfriend is like what the heck is that cop doing. So we get in the truck fire it up and let it warm up for a minute, while I'm sitting there with my park lights on the cop drives by and gives me a glare. At this point I'm like OK this guys gonna pull me over, so I just flipped my lights on and drove down the road came to a stop at the sign, highway was clear and I went. Driving down the highway minding my speed and I see this cop dodging traffic trying to catch up with me. 1/4 mile from the bridge, almost there! Blue lights...SH**! So he walks up to the truck and this is the first thing he said "Well believe it or not it's a friday night and I'm bored." I'm not even kidding, I'm Bored? WTF! Then he continues on to tell me that I wasn't speeding and I had no traffic violations except I didn't stop at the sign for 3 full seconds. Long story longer he runs my license and then tells me that running a stop sign in the state of Oregon is a $284 moving violation. No ticket...yes! What is the deal with that? Isn't that like Vehicular Profiling or something? I've been pulled over like 6 times and I've yet to get a ticket, thank God!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #24
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

WOW CG, that is incredible, you were WAY lucky man. Grin.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #25
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Here is my story.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=260343