The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2002, 01:12 PM   #1
sixnine
Longtime Member

Single panel side glass....

Has anyone out there replaced the vent window assembly and door glass with one piece of glass? How difficult and expensive is this? I'm thinking of doing this on my '69 Chevy. The problem is that it's also my daily driver. The doors on the truck now are in great shape so I'm thinking about swapping in some junk yard doors so I can still drive it and work on the good doors when time and money allow. Also, which type of window lace or weatherstrip would I need to use? Any thoughts?
sixnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:25 PM   #2
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

I Memory is right i think it is around 295.00 to get the whole kit which i do think includes all of nessacary weatherstripping. I have hear it isnt hard at all
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:25 PM   #3
Low68

There has been some strong opinions about these kits on the board. First off, many people have found that they can't get them to work properly. They look great, but on a daily driver, I don't know if it is worth it. I have them on my truck and it is my only vehicle(daily driver?). They are very wobbaly when rolled 3/4 of the way up, and I have talked to others with the same kit that have the same problem. I had the stock doors on them and didn't have all of the problems that everybody else was having, but when I replaced one of my doors, I can't get that window to work right. I have had a problem of having it hit the door latch and not let the door open. I think I have finally figured it out, but I have cut away a three inch section of my window run. Overall, I don't think that I would do it again, but if you really want to have that look, I would suggest calling the company and asking them what their tips are. Once you put the kit on your car, you can't put the original windows back in easily, because you have to cut out a support for the old window. This is just my opinion and I do admit that they look awesome, but I don't know if it would be worth it for a daily driver. If you have any more questions just ask. THere has also been a whole lot of posts on this, so you could get a whole lot of info by doing a search for one piece windows. Good luck
Low68