The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? 03/09

Did you set all your clocks forward?

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
pcmcobra

Re: What did you get done? 03/09

Took my son to monster truck show Saturday night. We had a blast.
Nothing truck related. Did take out the 86 for a spin today.

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Bad Cold all weekend...

Didn't get anything done in the garage. Did get a shipment of parts in though.

Should be able make quite a bit of progress next week though.

Kenny
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Hung some exhaust on my buddies 05 CCSB Silverado. Broke out the long board and sanded on my 79 a little.

Ate a bunch of food and got fat.... ....thats about it
bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
slash crashley
lucky knuckles

Lightbulb Re: What did you get done? 03/09

installed a summit billet grillle. 47 hrs later stul went on sale. i got new shoes too, but haven't uploaded the pics yet.

i went with 20" foose spanks. they were off a grand cherokee. i had to machine 'em to make em work but it was so worth it.

next up: 2.5" spindles up front with 2" dropped springs a flip in the back for 6" drop. headers off a 250 I6 and new exhaust all the way back to 45s.

when i do the kit i'm going to power-wash everything and hit it all with flat black. it's not media blast but it it'll still look clean and fresh.

my previous problematic tranny is running like a top after lithium greasing the pig out of it.
slash crashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
SRH916
1975 C-10 Silverado LWB

I fixed a "little" rust probelm in the floor boards after pulling some carpet and insulation out. Replaced all of the filters I can think of. For now its just saving for spindles, hangers shackles and headers. Oh, hopefully I can get started sanding and priming soon too. Can't wait.

GOT MY LICENSE FRIDAY!!! Drove all over the place.
- 4 Bolt 350 "Brand new" 1200mi
- THM-375 "Brand new w/trans cooler" 5000mi

1995 Ford Lightning
- Bone Stock
- 351W
- Vortech??
SRH916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
andresco50

Pinted my gauges needles all of them with a signal paint looks awesmoe
Attached Images

andresco50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
BowTieOgre

Put some new tires on the front of the truck and finally installed my roll pan and ditched the spare tire hanger then went to the Monster Truck show that night. I will put up a pic tomorrow. Good weekend even tho I didnt get to wash the truck.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
andresco50

And started to paint the engine compartment
Attached Images

andresco50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
SCOTI

I got the entire weekend off w/no phone calls @ all. Miracles do happen .

Saturday I finished up the c-notches for my 68's Dropmember install. They're all welded up now & have a nice coat of professionally applied Krylon. I did some measuring & brainstorming for the installation on the bedfloor. The final thing was obtaining the hardware so I hit HD just before closing time.

This morning I was back @ it & started w/the bedfloor. Several of the bed-bolt holes were reamed to where the square shoulder of the carridge-bolt would spin rendering the shoulder useless. I drilled the holes out to .500" & filed the edges square again to use 1/2" carridge bolts. I got the corners of the bed cinched down, the floor squared, & installed the tubs so I could verify the BS on my new wheels would work (they sent a different BS wheel than what I ordered). Everything fit well & works so I'll call them back tomorrow & let them know I'll use what they sent vs. the hassles of returning.

After that I moved up front to install the Dropmember. I had pre-installed everything before taking it to get powder-coated so it went together fairly easy. I was just about done & went to install the lower ART arms when I noticed I forgot to include the lower billet caps w/all the stuff that got powder-coated..... DOH!

I went ahead & temporarily installed the caps so I could get the big brake kit on for some pics. I got the majority of the brake stuff assembled & was tightening down the caliper bolts when it started raining. I ran around like crazy picking up tools & covering the truck up.

I need to get the lower caps & spindles to the powder-coaters. I won't have anything to hold the lower arms in place until I get them back so pics will have to come later in the week.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #11
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

nothing truck related.. my truck is still awaiting its new transmission and being i told the guy im in no hurry for it, well hes taking supreme advantage of my remark
my wife and i got to cleaning out our room that is suppoused to be our living room and got rid of most of the junk in there.. craigslist s great put on an ad and watch them come out of the woodwork to get stuff
wednesday is the day the truck comes home prolly so next week hopefully progress

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
slug

i tinkered with the 83 all day, got cooling system all buttoned up, installed carb and put the "new" grill on the front, washed the 07 gmc.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #13
Russell
Professional Grade

I discovered that my 82 6.2L's heads are NOT going to work with the turbocharger I bought. So, I got some new heads for it, and diassembled them. Once I have the money again, I'll take them to the machine shop and have them inspected and if they are good I'll have new valves and guides put in, along with getting the seats lapped.

I already have a set of head studs and Felpro head gaskets on order, so by the time I get the heads done, it should be a matter of simply bolting everything together.

I also scrubbed and painted the rest of the parts, and after an hour of scrubbing the oil pan and painting it, I discovered that it won't fit my older block, DOH! I'll have to go find a new pan for it and paint it up instead. The old one was mashed in by rocks, and I sent it away with my last scrap run.

Other than that, didn't so much as even touch the 80. On Saturday evening after I ran out of free things to do on my 80 I installed my new Uniden CB into my 96, then on Sunday I went on a mild trail ride with it. I took my truck out most of the morning, but it was starting to get a bit mucky for me in the afternoon, so I hopped in with a guy with a huge K5 for the rest of the afternoon. The thing was equipped with a turbo 6.2L diesel, just like I am building, and man did it ever perform / sound awesome the whole afternoon!

Just to give you a mental image of the thing, it got rolled multiple times last time he took it out, so there is a hole in one of the valve covers that makes it smoke like crazy, both fenders and the core support are munched up, there is no windsheild, top or doors, and the roof is half caved in, definitely a fun ride!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #14
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

My beater commuter punked out, so I spent Saturday troubleshooting that in the snow before deciding to cut my losses and go back to my truck.

Sunday I was troubleshooting my electric fans and found a torched fusible link and a dry rotted radiator nipple that were causing the bulk of my problems. Made it to work this morning without incident, but I don't think I have everything licked just yet. I'm thinking about going back to a mechanical clutch fan and factory shroud, both of which I'd need to find in a junkyard since I tossed mine a couple years ago while trying to exorcise my packrat demons.

I'm ashamed of how many little problems I've let slide on this poor truck. I need to make it right here pretty soon. In the meantime, I'm adding back the "Daily Driver Club" in my profile.
killthewabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #15
Frosty
Under desk

I showed off the rhino liner I had done on Friday to some friends and bought some spray primer. That's all for me.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #16
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Got an alternator and waterpump for the Serpentine setup on the Jimmy and I dug up some M/T valve covers to replace the ugly ones on there now. I planned to swap pumps, but no one had any gaskets.

Previous week I swapped power steering setups. Took the metric pump off and swapped pulleys.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:37 AM   #17
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Picked up a nice 3:42 posi rearend for the crew cab project.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:02 AM   #18
69BBsuburban
Right in front of you.

I cut all the rust out of the rear window channel of my Charger and made new pieces. Almost all welded back in....
Did some minor cleaning on the '69 'Burb....think I'm gonna sell it and get my wife an old Impala instead...
'68 Dodge Charger R/T
1930 Ford Model A
69BBsuburban is offline   Reply With Quote