The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
ohsocountry86

5 on 5 lug pattern

i was wondering if there was a website or something i could go to to find out all cars/trucks that are 5on5 lug pattern

TRICKNRACYCARS.ORG
ohsocountry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: 5 on 5 lug pattern

I don't know of one but if you find it,it will not do you much good unless it also lists backspacing.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
shifty
Questionable

There is a thread here at the forum with that info. That is what I used when I went to the junkyard. I found it using the search feature.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 AM   #4
ohsocountry86

basically im trying to find some steelies to put baby moons on and was wondering what all cars i could pull off of at the junkyard

TRICKNRACYCARS.ORG
Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 AM   #5
shifty
Questionable

I gave you basic instructions about that in the other thread you made

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:33 AM   #6
ohsocountry86

u told me how to measure nub to nub for the cap not what cars have steelies that fit my truck

TRICKNRACYCARS.ORG
Old 03-13-2008, 04:46 AM   #7
shifty
Questionable

Ok, I can't help any more than I have. I can't find the thread, and I've given you way more info than I had.

The bottom line is this: You can look for 5-on-5 wheels all day long, but if they don't look like the wheels I've got in that thread I gave you a link to, then they're probably not going to hold a moon cap. Like I said, I got mine off a '76 Olds or Cadillac. I saw some on an '84 GM minivan, saw a bunch of them on 70's and 80's vans, and even some with hubcaps (dogbowls) on them already.

IMHO, The backwards way to do it would be to go to the junkyard with a list of cars that will work, and try to find one that has wheels that look like this. I found mine within 15 minutes without a list, just by taking that picture to the junkyard, finding a car with matching looking steel wheels, then measure them out. If they're 16.25" from lip to lip, ~10" between those four "bumps" or "horns" or "nubs" or whatever (that hold the moon or dogbowl cap on), and the lug pattern measures out to 5", you know you got your wheel.

I'm not saying this will work for you, but if you gotta have a list, there is a thread here at the forum, but I can't find it. I ran into it while looking for 20" stock steel wheels just a few days ago. It had a list 100-150 cars long, and I think all of them were 5-on-5 cars.

I'm sure someone else can help. I'm being honest with you when I say the information in this reply alone is TEN TIMES more than what I needed when I went to the junkyard.

Last edited by shifty; 03-13-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #8
see ten
WTB this ad

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...t+pattern+list
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #9
shifty
Questionable

Asa, you friggin rock. Rep handed out accordingly. I looked to no end for that earlier trying to help this guy out.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
shifty
Questionable

FINALLY - here is the original 5x5 compatibility list I couldn't find it in the "FAQ Truck Tech" index: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=234769

Old 03-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
ohsocountry86

if you couldnt tell for reasons beyond the moon cap i was looking for what cars are compatible for wheels and stuff u told me the info twice i got how to measure for a cap the info u had when u looked and the info i want arent exactly the same but thank u for finding what i needed it will be awesome to have for my buddies and myself thanks to everyone who looked

TRICKNRACYCARS.ORG