The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
browns

classic parts depot

just wanted to let everyone here know about my experience with CLASSIC PARTS DEPOT so that hopefully no one else will have to deal with it. I ordered the parts and they took 2.5 weeks to ship it. They said it would be here today or the next day for a week when come to find out they hadn't ever even sent them out. Then the parts finally show up and I'm missing half the parts. Then i check the invoice and i was charged $50 more than the parts were advertised for on their website. On top of all i had to take a vacation to go back to pick up my truck because i had moved (800 miles away no less) and my whole trip was planned around the parts showing up and they showed up 13 days late, and incomplete. They did absolutely nothing to try to fix the problem. When the order showed up incorrect I called them back to send all the parts backed when i was informed that it would be a 25% restock fee and i had to pay shipping. This is without a doubt the most dishonest and incompetent company that i have ever dealt with. I know one thing for sure, i will never ever in a million years order anything again from this company.
browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: classic parts depot

Welcome to the board "Browns".One of the great things here is a reveiws forum.There is also a list of Board vendors.Most of them got into the truck business to be able to find and supply the best quality parts.Give them a chance at you business,most will earn it.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

hate to hear that you had a bad experience.

since your new to the board, try some of our site supporting vendors next time. hopefully you'll have a better experience!!

by the way, Welcome Aboard, from Shawnee, KS!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #4
browns

yeah i wish i had known aout the site sponsors earlier i would have avoided alot of hassle.
browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
68Mike

If you paid by credit card, why don't you reverse the charge. But go through your credit card company. Hope that made sense.
aka "Sucia30"

Past:
'79 C10 BIG 10 (Sold)
69 CST LWB - Always a "Work in progress" true work truck (stolen)
05 GSXR 750 it has a pretty paint job _wrecked
72 SWB full frame restoration -sold!
71 CST K5 Blazer 4x4 (soon to be 2wd)-project - sold!

C10 Club 2012 Brothers Show Video
http://youtu.be/pUeV2vP7Wpo

68Mike is offline   Reply With Quote