The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

This is a rant!

I spent 3 hours washing and waxing my truck Saturday. I went inside to grab something to drink,and i hear this noise outside, my neighbor is pushing her lawn mower between our houses,blowing grass all over my truck! There is grass inside on my new floor mats,all over the seat,dash etc.All of the windows are screwed up,i just about lost it. I looked at the mess for about 2 seconds,then said the heck with it and went inside. Rant Off.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: This is a rant!

Thats just rude no matter what. Did you ask her to come over and clean it yet? I would definitely talk to them, calmly (at least at first) and explain all the damage she did by being inconsiderate. It all depends on if yall are friends to how I would handle it.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Cyclone44
Step Brother

That happend to me once when I lived in a apartment and the owner was mowing the grass, I told him to ask me to move my truck before he mows next time....People just do not care about your stuff, I would never even think about doing that to somebody....Shorty after that someone left the water running wide open for 3 weeks on the spicket that he pays for...He was more ticked then I was... sorry to hear about your problem...
Cyclone44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
70GMCer

Same thing going down the road and you see people cutting their grass at the edge of the road, with the discharged aiming right into the street. Throwing grass, rocks, etc.

Pees me off every time I see this. And in their mind, they are not doing anything wrong.....

1965 Mustang
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
GRIMSS

Been there, done that. I even hate blowing grass away from thier cars when the wind blows it back at them. And thier cars are faided junk.

But not them, i keep my truck shining and they take off across thier crap gravel drive with the deck down pointing right toward my stuff.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

For us, it's an object to be idolized and pampered. To others, it's just an old truck. It's always nice to be noticed when we drive 'em. To encounter those who just don't understand the obsession (and it is an obsession), we just don't tolerate them very well, do we?

Shame on the Lawn Lady!!

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
jamon8

I learned as a car salesman that you can say whatever you want as long as you smile

try it

I bet that person that did that to your truck has a collection of floor mat decorations

ie wrappers cans ect

sometimes people also get mad because they drive store bought goods and you drive a classic
jamon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Just another dose of thoughtless.Prolly never even ocurred that it could be a problem.Some people can`t understand why we even wash vehicles let alone cherish one...car/truck/new/old.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
elektrik
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyDave View Post
I spent 3 hours washing and waxing my truck Saturday. I went inside to grab something to drink,and i hear this noise outside, my neighbor is pushing her lawn mower between our houses,blowing grass all over my truck! There is grass inside on my new floor mats,all over the seat,dash etc.All of the windows are screwed up,i just about lost it. I looked at the mess for about 2 seconds,then said the heck with it and went inside. Rant Off.
Silly Dave-this could have easily been solved with some quick thinking. Realizing that I would have to wash all the grass of my newly cleaned truck, I'd quickly close all the windows, grab the garden hose and THOROUGHLY spray water over the entire area, being extremely generous in hosing off the ENTIRE surrounding area, as to ensure complete cleaning of the mats, truck and any possible innocent bystanders who happen to mowing their lawn ;-)
elektrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
killer71

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrik View Post
Silly Dave-this could have easily been solved with some quick thinking. Realizing that I would have to wash all the grass of my newly cleaned truck, I'd quickly close all the windows, grab the garden hose and THOROUGHLY spray water over the entire area, being extremely generous in hosing off the ENTIRE surrounding area, as to ensure complete cleaning of the mats, truck and any possible innocent bystanders who happen to mowing their lawn ;-)
i agree if she can spray your truck with grass then you should be able to hose her lawn mower and the person pushin it!
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektrik View Post
Unfortunately in this day and age, I think that could be called assault. Would be funny as hell though!

So did you talk to her yet?

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Riveted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #12
elektrik
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riveted1 View Post
Unfortunately in this day and age, I think that could be called assault. Would be funny as hell though!

So did you talk to her yet?
No no! I'm not advocating any sort of violence at all, I'm merely stating that he should thoroughly wash the area-if the water happens to accidentally hit the person mowing the lawn, then that would be of course, tragic but completely unplanned.

***Nevermind, I read the "resolution". Dave, she probably couldn't even *see* your truck if she's that old ;-)

Last edited by elektrik; 04-17-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: retracted, for reason of the offender's age ;-)
Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I can think of a cure.it's not cheap and it's not a new idea.In fact it's an old adage.

"Good fences make good neighbors"
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
chevychase

I live in a gated community with an association that takes care of the lawn maintenance. The yard is always nice, but my shiny paint always has dried up grass embedded in it!
chevychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
1tonblaze

Have had the same problem in the ally way where my work shop is in down town westminster . the old man across the street likes to mow his rocks with a little bit of grass growing in it stright at my everyday truck got some pretty good size rock chips in the paint from him
1985 c20 chevy long bed , beater , on its way to a better place in pa from what the dmv told me
2010 kia forte koup 2.4 sx -over the river and threw the woods to the total lot it went .
1999 k1500 suburban 350 vortec 4l60e leather land yacht .
1tonblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #16
imholte

I once drove past (45mph) a person that was mowing right next to the road. Their mower threw a rock right into my windshield and cracked it. I kept going cause I knew there was no way I could prove it.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
HoupPhotography

My theory, She did it on purpose and wanted you to tell her to clean it off in her bikini..... She's trying to get to know you a little better.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoupPhotography View Post
My theory, She did it on purpose and wanted you to tell her to clean it off in her bikini..... She's trying to get to know you a little better.
Yeah, maybe she wants you to mow her grass if you know what I mean? nudge, nudge,wink, wink.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #19
HoupPhotography

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
Yeah, maybe she wants you to mow her grass if you know what I mean? nudge, nudge,wink, wink.

That's funny right there!!

FYI: If she ask's you to "mow her lawn" don't show up with a weed wacker......
Old 04-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #20
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

....what else would you call "it"....if you know what I mean?

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:04 PM   #21
Richard H.
Spanked once

Hey get off my wifes back! Oh wait , you're in North Carolina.. wrong woman.
Richard H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #22
Premium72

DAMAGE??.. unlesss she was moewn rocks into your ride,. id say blow it out and get the F over it. people are incosiderate these days, goin over an shown your ass about some dirt an grass on your truck is not going to change them. just lay some thick black out it font of thier driveway and get over it.
Premium72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:11 AM   #23
elektrik
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premium72 View Post
DAMAGE??.. unlesss she was moewn rocks into your ride,. id say blow it out and get the F over it. people are incosiderate these days, goin over an shown your ass about some dirt an grass on your truck is not going to change them. just lay some thick black out it font of thier driveway and get over it.
Wow, try Decaf next time

Last edited by elektrik; 04-17-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #24
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

Update. I started to go over to my neighbors house,but after thinking it over for awhile,i decided not to. The lady is old,and she has always been a very good neighbor to us.I told my wife that one of these days we will be her age i hope, so from now on i will just move my truck before she mows,or i will mow that part of her yard when i mow mine.If everyone would just walk away from a situation for only a few minutes,so much trouble could be avoided. When i was young,i would have been on her doorstep so fast,maybe wisdom does come with age.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #25
70' GMC
HERE.......Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyDave View Post
Update. I started to go over to my neighbors house,but after thinking it over for awhile,i decided not to. The lady is old,and she has always been a very good neighbor to us.I told my wife that one of these days we will be her age i hope, so from now on i will just move my truck before she mows,or i will mow that part of her yard when i mow mine.If everyone would just walk away from a situation for only a few minutes,so much trouble could be avoided. When i was young,i would have been on her doorstep so fast,maybe wisdom does come with age.
Whats even funnier is that she is old and I sure would no want her washin my vehicle like yall mentioned. I don't think I would want her wrinkles messin up the wax.

Since she is old why don't you mow the yard for her anyhow???

Classics make it possible!
70' GMC is offline   Reply With Quote