The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

Need photos/ advice on correct SB SWP pulleys

I recently purchased a 72 1/2 ton w/ no engine & trans. I have a 71 350 out of an El Camino with a long water pump, but I want to run the correct short water pump, pulleys and brackets. The PS pump and brackets are still on the 72 PU. I bought the correct upper and lower bracket to mount the alternator on the diver side. I do not believe that the lwp pulleys will work. Does anyone have pics of the stock SWP pulley setup, with and w/o AC? The truck has an old aftermarket underdash AC set up, along with an old factory style axial compressor, but no engine brackets, so I am not worrying too much about the AC brackets right now. I will probably eventually buy a Sanden AC compressor and brackets. Do I need a one groove WP pulley and two groove crank pulley to get the truck running with PS and alternator only? I don't know of anyone locally to go to to look at their stock SWP set up.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote