The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? 09/20

I spent the week trying to put some semblance of order back in my life and my business. Fortunately I have all utilities, but my employees, my warehouse and many of my customers do not. I did what I could to service the accounts that were open, and prayed for the rest of them.

Saturday I spent most of the day rebuilding sections of my back fence line. I thought it would be simple to just replace the broken boards and put everything back like it was. Wrong!

Instead, I got to tear several sections apart to use the materials for reconstructed sections. I finally got it back together, but it took a full day to do it. What's sad is I will replace the entire fence in a month or two.

Today I washed all my drivers, then helped the neighbor and his son clear out a tree from a vacant house on our street. A big pine had fallen and blocked visibility at the intersection, so we decided to clear it out of the way.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 09-21-2008 at 07:13 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: What did you get done? 09/20

lol i was just gonna start this thread but ya beat me to it... i didnt do much truck related this weekend but i did go to a buddys house and he has a slightly modified 350 block, crank, and internals which he may let go for a few hundred so im hoping i may have scored a motor for my wreck so i can get her on the road again
other than that ive just been hanging around.. wife and i took a couple of days in Atlantic City and had a great time now we are planning on a trip upstate for a couple of days

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Finally moved the shifter mechanism on my Heap so the speedometer could be hooked up. Now I can see if the gas mileage is as good as I think it is. LOL.

Took my wife for a cruise last night in the recently acquired ’65 Chevelle. Now she loves the car as much as I do. It’s a bone stock 4 door, 283, Powerglide, Power Steering, AM radio, 104K actual miles. Sitting in that car is like going back to my childhood, only thing missing is my Dad telling me to stop kicking the seat. LOL.

Washed all the cars/trucks this afternoon and took the S-10 out for a short cruise.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
AceX
>130dB Moderator

I cleaned my interior and spent about 2 hours tuning my stereo system. I almost have it like I want, just need a little more work.

Pressure washed the undercarriage and bed of my truck, then gave the exterior a simple wash job. I'm going to do some serious detailing in a day or so to get the truck ready for my uncle's memorial service. I may also be detailing his '33 Ford truck for the service. It will be the first time anyone has worked on the car on any level besides him. It will also be the first time that anyone else has driven it.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
method2mymadnes

nada,
been laid up this weekend with a bad back

87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
method2mymadnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
pcmcobra

not a lot.
Got my tune for my truck, only to have a bad coil, so no maiden voyage!
Ordered another coil, but I am out of town stuck in Charlotte for a week. Hopefully when I get back, things can get buttoned up and take her for a spin/burnout or two.

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Hooked up the Speedo to the DD panel. Changed valve covers on the BBC, re-wired the electrical fans on the radiator and washed the '87. Took the wife and "The Other Woman" out for a short cruise.. Stopped at Taco Bell drive through and talked to the kid at the window who just about fell out of it looking at the truck. He had a '84 there that didn't look bad at all. He said, "Where'd you get that instrument cluster??"

Here's the motor as of today;

87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
spudz

Worked on my new to me 82 4x4. I pulled the leaking intake, and crappy headers and installed a new starter.. I got a holly street dominator and a edelbrock 600 I am going to install as soon as I get the intake back from being sand blasted. Also a decent set of used headers I am going to throw on it as well. I also picked up a good shortbed 4x4 chassis with a 4in lift I am going to use some parts off of to finish up another project and then I am going to strip and clean it up and start the build up of my first shortbed 4x4... Also bought a solid 84 shortbed 2wd that came with a NOS door, a good used door, 2 new inner fenders and is complete minus motor and trans... Nice truck, got it for $200... I am picking it up next weekend I will post pics then... I have been running across killer deals on trucks and parts for the past month lol..I will add the progress of my 82 tomarow when its light out...

2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..

Last edited by spudz; 09-22-2008 at 07:28 PM.
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
texassquarebodies
Truck Nut

Sat and watched movies with my daughter. Also fixed my dipstick on my 1999 ford contour DD. Dam walmart broke it off in the tube and said it was already broke. Anyway 2 trips to the ford house, $27.56, and a hour of my time, it finally got fixed.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
jrsmith_2010
I like turtles...

i FINALLY got my shaved door kit in, and waitin to get my bed back from the body shop and put back on. today i put more speakers in my 79, i now have 2 6.5ins, 2 2ins, 2 5/7s, and a 12 inch sub, yea i can hear my truck 3 blocks away, and i can make out the words of the song that is playing, yea sooo im gonna be deaf in the next few years
2006 Chevy Cobalt-college car, staying stock

Whatever can't get fixed with a hammer, a roll of duct tape, a clothes hanger, a tube of glue, and a case of beer, can wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by jrsmith_2010; 09-21-2008 at 09:45 PM.
jrsmith_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
bigblock73
yeller

I put my old Tekstyle bed cover on my new '77, added a new sticker to the back window, did a little garage org and got the Hemi on the engine stand, and spent time with the family. Attached a pic of my daughter being silly.
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
impalamark

Saturday spent the day with a very good friend at Shands Hospital
in Gainesville Florida . She started having headaches while on her
honeymoon and ended up in the hospital they were so bad.
Four weeks, three hospital stays numerous MRI's ,three lumbar punctures
a dozen drug treatments and they finally find lesions on her brain.
Would be nice if they had the first clue what's going on but each test
raises more questions . She has memory trouble on and off and trouble
with motor function
Obviously this is a very troubling illness. I pray they figure it out soon

I did work on my new 84 today Sunday solid truck with two rusted rockers
pulled the door and fender on passenger side cut out the rocker and the
lower cab corner . Got it all fitted up welded in a skim of bondo on the welds
and looks good sorry no pics but I will try to document the driver side
next week
MArk
impalamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
westie 666

I'm not a happy chappy, I glued my mirror bracket on my front screen upside down, didn't notice untill it had set. Then my brother thought he could get it off with a chisel, end result is a broken screen. The last screen cost $2000 but insurance picked that one up so I can't claim again, with any luck he can claim on his house insurance, if not the old one will have to go back in until we can import another one.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
pilotj

I replaced the BCM and window motor in my daughters 2004 Cavalier. I can't believe they rivet the regulator to the door and then rivet the motor to the regulator. Newer cars suck! Whats wrong with good old fashioned bolts? Also replaced the flexplate and put in a higher stall TCI converter in my truck. Happy with the results, but sometime it whines for about 2 seconds when leaving a stop light (low wooshing wine). It only does that every now and then, so I don't know whats up with it. On top of that, worked on the kitchen remodel for as much as I could. Some times I wonder if I'm getting too old for this. Every bone in my body hurts!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
f.monroe

I was on call and had to go out a couple times but did get some things done . I mowed the yard , helped the kids with the Rabbits for the fair , cleaned the Orange/White truck , and got a hair cut from my 9 year old . That was an experience . Frank
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #16
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

We had great weather here in NC last weekend so,i took the old girl to the car wash and cleaned her up. I pulled out of the car wash and heard a very familiar sound,the dang carrier bearing broke again! this is number 2 in less than 0ne year. I took it to a local company,they replaced the drive shaft,the old one was to long,now i have no center bearing and the truck drives great. After a full year and more money than i care to talk about,my truck drives great and the support bearing problem is fixed for good.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:24 AM   #17
dooce

I went to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. Had a blast. About to order front and rear sway bars for my truck. Still deciding on what wheels I want to order, I think I might have found them this weekend.

LFSalleeII@gmail.com
dooce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #18
Crush

Actually worked on the K5 a bit this weekend, pulled the inner fenders, and installed a small sub/amp and a new headunit, sounds better, but still need some 6.5's up front...next on the list.

Went over to the storage unit and started stripping the '79 of wanted parts. Need to get it down to bare bones so that I can try to sell it as a roller. I'll be sad to see it go, but have no time to finish it.

Other than that, I went to my cousins wedding on Saturday, and then went to a brithday party with my kids yesterday. Finished off the weekend by watching Scobee kick the 51 yard FG to seal the vicotory over the Colts!!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #19
Moostifer
a fool with no money

Friday nite - got the block stripped down, picked up a 427 std/std crank that just needs a little polishing, picked up my rods that were on order.

Sat - dropped off the block to be thuroughly cleaned and the rotating assembly to be balanced

Sun - watched football

before, during and still during
http://photobucket.com/albums/y251/moostifer/truck/

http://photobucket.com/albums/y251/moostifer/motor/
Moostifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #20
tgh117
Crazy

I haven't posted anything in a while, so I thought I would do the what I did over the past two months all at one shot since I finally got all the pics on one computer.

The old bed was pretty shot, well so it turned out, so these are the new bedsides and fenders from LMC truck. Bedsides are really nice, expensive, but nice, and the fenders were so so. I also managed to get the cab and front end painted over the weekend, and have been spending most of the last three weeks prepping the frame for some Por-15. I did one siderail just to see what it would turn out like.

The only downfall is I have so many extra parts from buying a whole parts truck, that I have to move parts around all the time just to work on some other part. It will all come together soon enough.
Attached Images

Last edited by tgh117; 09-22-2008 at 11:56 AM.
tgh117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #21
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

I didn't get much truck stuff done. I did get started on fixing up the Y-pipe on my Jimmy.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #22
jchav62
1962 C-10

Went back out to work on the '73. Filled the tranny up and re-wired the altenator plus other misc vacuum lines and such. It's shifting and charging again. Took it out the frontage road a couple times. Rides pretty nice! Shifts good and I tested the positraction. Left two stripes! I have updated pics, but they are still in the camera.
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/

1962 C10 Shortbed Fleetside 327/th350 GV overdrive
1974 C10 Longbed Fleetside 350/th350 "The Trash Truck"
1999 Chevy 2500 OBS, Longbed 5.7/4L80E 4x4
2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4x4

Last edited by jchav62; 09-22-2008 at 03:58 PM.
jchav62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #23
bagged74
its just $$$$$

didnt get much done, but i did manage to get the drivers washed. My girls had a good time washing the wifes new driver....its on 07 Trailblazer SS. its a fully loaded 3SS model with everything. I will miss my GTO but the trailblazer is fun and dual purpose.
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #24
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Didn’t get any garage projects done this weekend but the wife and I had a blast helping a friend with their booth at the Annual Pueblo Chile & Frijoles Festival. Nothing smells better than farm fresh roasted peppers!

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #25
dammitmitchell
the pollock

i got aboslutely nothign done becaues i travel alot with work... soent my truck money on my anniversary. so i have an 83 with 350(dont up a bit) and 37's and it's stuck being a 2WD ugggghhh torture

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=343538
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=386042
dammitmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote