The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
kroodawg

Headers

Going to put headers on and wanted to know what you guys and gals thought of Dynomax Cerama-Coat. They are coated with Hot Coat and I heard they would not turn blue. Has anyone tried these.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...83&prmenbr=361
kroodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:24 PM   #2
cableguy0

i have part #289-86003 and i love em been on there over a year and still look great no blue sill look almost the same as when i pulled em outta the box. but dont use the gaskets that come with em. go get urself a set of fel pro header gaskets and some of those locks right along with em.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:27 PM   #3
Sierra

I have been running these Dynomax Jet-Hot ceramic coated headers for 2 1/2 years with no problems. The coating has discolored slightly and taken on an ashen shade, but that extends only about 6 inches from the exhaust ports. The remainder of the tubes and collectors still look almost new. There is absolutely no indication of rust that I can find. The only problem, as I mentioned in an earlier post, are that the header tubes are oval shaped. That is a problem with the D-shaped exhaust ports on my AFR heads, but I have had good success with the Mr. Gasket graphite gaskets. The Dynomax headers seem to be a decent compromise between price and reliability.
JMTC.

Tim
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:39 PM   #4
kroodawg

Thanks guys, just what I wanted to hear, I think the wife got me these for X-Mas. I just wanted to make sure they were good.
Thanks again.
kroodawg is offline   Reply With Quote