The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Gregs67

Project FRANKENSTEIN pics as promised.

Howdy, I'm the FNG that posted 2 weeks ago and promised pics of our conglomeration of parts into one truck, dubbed "FRANKENSTEIN".......due to it being 5 different trucks spanning 4 decades of 4 different models.

Not much to look at.....yet, lots of little custom touches on the way. 67 frame, power steering from god knows what but it fit and felt pretty tight, tilt wheel (Van sourced? I dunno, found it in a box) camaro steering wheel, power disc brakes, 70 cab that was bastardized and now we are doing a lot of heating/cutting/banging/welding/fitting to get it right again. (but it is totally rust free. The rust was rather.....ummmm....AGGRESSIVELY cut out by the previous owner, not leaving much for us to attach the new STRAIGHT patch panels to.) He was also a great fan of BONDO, and we are NOT. Will be removing filler and stretching the metal back to proper dimensions here rather shortly.

We are using a newer-style stepside bed because my biz partner likes the way it looks and we had one laying around (no rust! love fiberglass.) so we are making custom filler panels to hide the void that is exposed when these beds are used on older trucks for a more "factory" appearrance. Had some tubing left over so tacked it onto the glove box door for fun, and decided they were to become cup holders. Yes, the primer-grey frame is questionable. A freind and I are building it, and we have to meet on common ground. Grey frame was NOT my idea, but a unique idea nonetheless.

Suspension is rebuilt, new tires, rebuilt 283 and rebuilt TH350, 3:73 open rear. We have collected 67-72 junk for 2 decades, so whatever looks wonderful will get swung into Frankenstein. If it doesnt fit, it goes back into the storage area (70 3/4 ton 4x4). lol.......

Anyway, here's Frank. Enjoy.

Last edited by Richard8971; 11-24-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Gregs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Re: Project FRANKENSTEIN pics as promised.

that sir, is no Frankenstein. he never looked that good!

nice job! looks like a very, very solid start. welcome aboard and keep the good work going!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
drivethechevy

i think your truck is past the frankenstein stage! it looks way different then i imagined in your first post i was thinking the pics would show 15 different colors a new bed, doors from the 80's that kinda thing haha
but wow your truck looks like its coming along nicely, good work so far

1971 chevy k10 custom deluxe
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=341257
1968 chevy k/10 fleet
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334731
1948 desoto custom coupe fluid drive(family heirloom)
drivethechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
CheyenneShop

Maybe the "Bride of Frank" but no way is that Frank!
68 C/10 shorty - "Picacho" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428379 sold to "93redsled"

Have you heard about C10 Talk? C10 Talk is a podcast all about C10 Trucks, the builders, the vendors, and most importantly the C10 Community. Check us out online at www.c10talk.com
CheyenneShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #5
Gregs67

Thank you. My friend isnt too internet savvy but we have both been looking at everyone's trucks from this board for ideas without blatantly ripping anyone off. This board seems really........all around great and we are looking forward to being part of it.

We hope to do everyone justice by building a unique and one-off 67 and really appreciate your support and input.

Last edited by Gregs67; 11-24-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Gregs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs67 View Post
Thank you. My friend isnt too internet savvy but we have both been looking at everyone's trucks from this board for ideas without blatantly ripping anyone off. This board seems really........all around great and we are looking forward to being part of it.

We hope to do everyone justice by building a unique and one-off 67 and really appreciate your support and input.
The guys on here are cool, some of the best I have gotten to know. Welcome to the board and we are looking foward to more pics! You might want to consider starting a thread in the "Projects and builds" section for your truck!

Don

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

What a great looking project, best of luck with it!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
70cst

Quote:
If it doesnt fit, it goes back into the storage area (70 3/4 ton 4x4) for one of YOU guys to use at a later date. So who's got something cool to trade? lol.......
Hi Gregs67...
Welcome to this great forum. Just want to give you a heads up....

WTB (wanted to buy), FS (For Sale), WIW (What’s it worth), and WTT (Want to trade) can only be transacted by "Site Supporters". To become a Site Supporter please click on the Subscribe sticky and the info will be found there. Once membership is paid all benefits will be available and your name will be in "BLUE". ………… I hope to see you dressed in BLUE soon.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 11-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote