The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
rddiaz

Quick backspacing question?

Hey guys, I am about to order these wheels but I am not sure about the maximum backspacing I can have for the front and rear. I plan on running 22x10 outback and 22x8.5 out front. So if any body that has already bagged their truck to the ground and has ordered some wheels, could you help a brotha out........... Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
f.monroe

Re: Quick backspacing question?

Look in the build section at the top of the page . Crawdadfox has a build thread and has 22's with the specs you are looking for . Remember to take the 2 inches into account on the rear wheels since he narrowed the rear axle .
Frank
Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
slugish
Slugish

Love those rims . for the rear with 22x10,s > 5 in b s ( possibly 4.5 but would really be close )

front with 8.5 rimss no more than 5 b s here .

get some other opions as well > im not an expert , i just know I have 8 in rims on front with 5.5 bs & it might be ok with 5 in

on rear i have 5.5 bs as well on 9.5 rims & I THINK icould go another inch (4.5 ) & would be ok .

hope this helps
slugish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
f.monroe

22x10 with 4.5 inches of backspace will rub on a bagged truck . A friend has some 22x10 Coddingtons with 4.5 and they are into the wheelwells . He has trimmed them as much as possible and they will still rub in normal driving conditions when turning with the slightest elevation change . I would think 5.5 backspace for the rears . More backspace in the front will allow you to turn a little more with it lowered before it gets into the fender .
Frank
Old 04-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
rddiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.monroe View Post
22x10 with 4.5 inches of backspace will rub on a bagged truck . A friend has some 22x10 Coddingtons with 4.5 and they are into the wheelwells . He has trimmed them as much as possible and they will still rub in normal driving conditions when turning with the slightest elevation change . I would think 5.5 backspace for the rears . More backspace in the front will allow you to turn a little more with it lowered before it gets into the fender .
Frank
Thanks guys for your feedback, I am really not sure how to measure for rim fitment, so as I talk more to the sales rep for raceline he assures me that they have done plenty of wheels for this type of application and he says that for the front it is goin to be 4" backside and the rear 4.5 backside max rear dish about 4". Does that sound right guys, let me know b/c I'm anxious to order them......
Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
rddiaz

I know there is a thread about 22s on our trucks with details but I can't seem to find it?