The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
Hawker7

Problems with GMC Pauls?

Has anyone had any issues with GMC Pauls lately? I placed a $700 order from them on Sunday April 26th and got some of the order a few days later. Of course the stuff I really needed I was told was being shipped from CA. I was told it shipped April 29th, so I expected the shipment this past Monday. When nothing arrived I got concerned that it might have been delivered to some other place, or maybe was lost. I emailed asking for a tracking number on Tuesday and was told I would get one later in the afternoon. Well, I never got a response back, and have emailed every day since then, and I have gotten no response. Has anyone else had issues like this? I have ordered in the past and had decent service, but now I’m questioning if I will order from them again.
Hawker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
chuckmc8
It's alsways something.....

Thumbs up Re: Problems with GMC Pauls?

I have had good results with GMCPAUL

Last edited by chuckmc8; 05-08-2009 at 07:10 AM.
chuckmc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: Problems with GMC Pauls?

I had almost the same experience with them. I think CA shipping is just slow to our part of the country. He really has no control over it. GMC Paul is a stand-up guy. You'll get your parts. Hope this makes you feel a little better.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #4
DZL1
One day.....

I only ordered from them once, with no issues. Try calling and speaking to someone. Hope your stuff arrives.

DZL1.
DZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #5
Hawker7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZL1 View Post
I only ordered from them once, with no issues. Try calling and speaking to someone. Hope your stuff arrives.

DZL1.
I would call, but they don't have a phone number posted, and also say on the website everything is online based. Curious they seem to be one of the only vendors with his PM disabled. Maybe the stuff will be here today in time for the weekend. I can hope atleast.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #6
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker7 View Post
I would call, but they don't have a phone number posted, and also say on the website everything is online based. Curious they seem to be one of the only vendors with his PM disabled. Maybe the stuff will be here today in time for the weekend. I can hope atleast.

heres the info. if you click on services on the website this info should show...

Phone-(765)569-2906 / Fax-(773)-442-0103
505 Adams Drive, Rockville, IN, 47872
Email- robbinspd1199@yahoo.com

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
Hawker7

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67chevytruck View Post
heres the info. if you click on services on the website this info should show...

Phone-(765)569-2906 / Fax-(773)-442-0103
505 Adams Drive, Rockville, IN, 47872
Email- robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
Thanks for the number. I will give them a call.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

Your order shipped on the 29th from California and you expected it to arrive 5 days later on the east coast??? Maybe that's possible but I would expect closer to 10 business days. Let us know how it works out!
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #9
Hawker7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10crazy View Post
Your order shipped on the 29th from California and you expected it to arrive 5 days later on the east coast??? Maybe that's possible but I would expect closer to 10 business days. Let us know how it works out!
Honestly I ship all the time to the West coast and 99 percent of what I ship from USPS or UPS gets there in 5 days. I have never had anything take 10 days to here or there.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10crazy View Post
I typically recieve west coast parcel delivery in 5 days or less.They use jet planes these days,you know?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
70cst

I have purchased from GMCPauls w/o any issues.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #12
my67chevytruck
Under Construction

I agree with 63 &64 bowties. I have dealt with GMCpauls on a couple of occasions. the shipping is slower from the CA warehouse. The email response seems to be slower, probably because they are inundated with emails. I picked up the phone and had all the info i needed in a matter of a couple of minutes. I WOULD NOT hesitate ordering from GMCPAULS again.

subscribe to the board here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=157669
FAQ how to's

1956 Chevy Apache
1967 C10 SWB FleetSide (under construction)
1969 K10 SWB FleetSide (Future Build)
1972 C10 SWB Stepside (Future Build)

56 chevy truck :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955823/1

67 truck build:

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=281357/1

69 k10:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=389470
my67chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #13
lilred67

no problems. i have made numerous orders from them and will make many more.......great parts and service........
lilred67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

I will never use a company that will not answer a phone. I have never bought from GMC Paul's and now that they only take orders by e-mail, i never will.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #15
69chevybmx

I have ordered a few items from them and had no issues. Good prices and had my product on my doorstep the next morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyDave View Post
I will never use a company that will not answer a phone. I have never bought from GMC Paul's and now that they only take orders by e-mail, i never will.
I don't think he stated they wouldn't answer the phone, he just didn't have the phone number. Their ordering is internet based but then again, the majority of businesses are going that route now.
69chevybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #16
tphsmith
still buypickupparts

YES I have had a BURN from GMC PAULS and will never ever not even tell anyone he sells parts. plus from the burn it reflected on me here and, YES I use to play the $25.00 a year here for maybe 3 years in a row, but not after the responce I recieved as a PM from no name mentioned, but I lost alot of respect after how the Issue I had was delt to me from a monitor here......

thanks for the memories...

72 SWB Fleetside freshly painted. putting a 94 LT1 with
700R4 tranny lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back

81 chevy half ton 350

89 Silverado 4x4 going ta church truck
tphsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #17
Hawker7

Well, I just got a reply back from them. Was told they got sick, and were out until today. Also was told that the package may have been lost and they will check to see when a new one was shipped out. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #18
rscam

I had some bad luck with a broken window regulator that they wouldn't replace because they said it had to be installed by a GM certified tech or If I could prove that I installed it per a GM service manual. I blew a gasket when I heard that. I got no response. So I left them a bad review on the vendor board. Whalla I got action then. In the end I got it replaced but I had to send the broke one back so they could inspect it. I too didn't like some of the comment I got on this board about the way things were handled. The loyal GMCpaul crowd will defend them to no end.
rscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphsmith View Post
YES I have had a BURN from GMC PAULS and will never ever not even tell anyone he sells parts. plus from the burn it reflected on me here and, YES I use to play the $25.00 a year here for maybe 3 years in a row, but not after the responce I recieved as a PM from no name mentioned, but I lost alot of respect after how the Issue I had was delt to me from a monitor here......

thanks for the memories...
Sorry but when folks cuss at me in PM they generally don't have me jumping through hoops to help them. I did however ask you to calmly explain the issue of a missing discount, so I could help you fix the problem. You see.. I too recall the PM, as a matter of fact I just reread it to be sure I was not thinking of someone else. If you do not wish to subscribe to sell parts, thats your choice.. Do not even try to act as if we did you wrong, when you demanded help cussing etc.
thank you too for the memories... that chip on your shoulder is hard to forget

To the OP ~ I will try to call and email this weekend as well. I myself have never had an issue with Paul, but I do know some have. As far as I am aware, all of the issues were resolved. PM me if you do not hear from me over the weekend.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
Hawker7

I was given a tracking number for some of the parts and I should get those next week. The other parts will ship out on Monday, so I may get them towards the end of next week as well. Hopefully all will work out in the end. Three weeks is a long time to wait for some parts you really want, but what can you do.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #21
fine69

Directly from GMCPauls homepage,

Due to the fact that less than 2% of sales & correspondence was by phone, we now offer only online ordering & correspondence.

Then right below it this,
GMCPaul's Truck Parts Striving to meet all of your GMC & CHEVY Truck Parts Needs. We carry new parts for your 1947-Current GMC / Chevrolet Truck. Looking to restore your truck or needing parts for that daily driver stop on in and let us try to fill your shopping list. We Drive, Restore, and Work on GMC & Chevy Trucks Exclusively, so if you have a parts need or truck related question give us a ring we will be glad to help.

So i can call if i need help??? But i can't order????

And then the last part....
We accept Visa & MasterCard By Phone as well as through our online catalog which is protected by the leader in online protection VeriSign. We have also fully integrated Pay-Pal into our checkout system for those wishing to use this method to pay with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, E-Check, etc.....

Can't take orders on phone??? But we can accept payment by phone???

In my personal experience i have had issues getting ahold of Paul by phone. Since he started the business his phone service sucks. Always an excuse as to why.

I quit bothering ordering from him 5 or 6 YEARS ago for this reason.

One heck of a nice guy. And he knows his parts. I like the guy. But i will spend my money elsewhere.

If less than 2% of his orders were by phone then they should have answered them more. This is not the first time someone has posted a thread about the same issue.

Do a search.

I am not trying to bash GMCPauls. But this board is about being real. Just stating the truth.

Board member #6

Last edited by fine69; 05-08-2009 at 09:58 AM.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #22
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I have never ordered from them I always use wes at classic heartbeat he is close and I always get my parts with in a week and if I have a problem I call hime and he anwsers the phone or calls me right back..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #23
GMCPaul

Hawker7 on Sun. 4-26 you placed a order for 25 different parts in multiple quanties on some yet did not order enough of some parts and you contacted us on Mon 4-27-09 to ask if we could modify the order to reflect the quantity of parts that you wanted, which we did so. We then shipped 21 different types of parts some in multiple quantities that were in stock at our store, we had 4 items we were out of stock on and rather than delay your order shipping we contacted a West Coast supplier that was supposed to carry the same parts as ourselves and had them drop ship these items so as not to delay your receiving them which was a steering wheel, a 67-70 gas cap, alternator conversion harness, and a heater core. Then you contacted us Tue. 5-5-09 asking us for tracking on the shipment from the West coast as it had not arrived and Amber began checking on it. She then discovered from the supplier that they were having a problem with the tracking # and they would get back with her. By closeing Tuesday this had not occured and she fell sick Tuesday evening and did not come in to work and failed to mention to the rest of us that she was dealing with a problem on your order and since she was dealing with the order she had your emails flagged to go directly to her email account to deal with it personally, so when you again inquired on May 6th the rest of us never saw the email on Fri May 8th she returned to work and because she had not informed anyone of the problem and your emails she applogized to you and myself for dropping the ball and I explained to her in the future to try and make surte to let others know if she has flagged emails and becomes sick and she removed the flag and got all information involved in the shipment and let you know what was happening and that UPS lost or misplaced the 1st shipment and that a 2nd would be going out to you immediately and provided a tracking # however the vendor was now out of the steering wheel and heater core and they would ship the beginning of the next week those parts arrived on 5-11-09 and shipped to you 5-12-09. On May 28th you contacted us stating that you wished to return the heater core and gas cap. Danielle then handled this email as you were no longer flagged and she was the 1st to see it and she explained that our return policy was all sales are final unless the product was defective or other than ordered and asked you which of these they were so she could issue you the approriate RMA # for the return. You then replied that the heater core was made in Mexico and we sell a made in USA heater core so she imeddiately issued a refund because it was not what you had ordered and we are now awaiting its arrival here to issue you a refund for it and return shipping costs.
I know were not perfect but we try and I'm sorry the 21 parts shipped to you in multiple quanties we had in stock here were not the 4 most important parts you wanted which seems to be the case according to this post. I do wish you had mentioned the fact in this post that you had ordered the 67-70 gas cap yourself and that it was not a mistake on our part that you ordered the incorrect gas cap. I also wish you had taken the time to tell that you had ordered prior witout problems and everything we did to rectify the problems that occured on this order.
Yes the vendor in Calif. was Brothers but using them to fill parts we are out of stock on so as not to delay you receiving a part I feel is a good thing not bad and they do not supply most all our parts for us we mainly use them as a fill in for things we run out of altough they do have a monopoly on a few parts that we must purchase from them as they have some parts made and are the only supplier.
I hope you have a nice day and that 2009 finds you Healhty, Happy , Prosperous and slightly more forgiving & patient.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #24
Hawker7

I have had issues in the past, but have not posted about them. But if you want to bring it up, I believe almost every order I placed has had some problem. I remember one order getting the wrong parts shipped to me twice, and while you made good on them, it still takes longer to get parts that I needed. I have a few times during the year that someone is able to help me get some work done, and when it takes a extra week or two get parts, that window of having extra help is now gone. Like I said, you make good, but there are other vendors that are more responsive, sell what they advertise, and send the right parts that first time.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #25
Hawker7

And yes, the gas cap was my fault. I was emailing 3 different places about it, and had thought that the email I sent to you was asking for a vented cap that would fit a 72. Some other place that I didn't order from told me that a cap from a 70 would fit a 72, and that’s why I asked for a 70. And also, when I asked if I could send back the cap for the 70, I was told I couldn't, and could only exchange for a 72 and would have to pay the shipping for it. When I was already sending back a heater core, I think it unreasonable, and bad customer service to refuse to take back a brand new in the box gas cap. Wouldn’t have been hard for me to throw it in the box I was already sending back to you, and then taking it and putting it back in your stock.