The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
mikey531

Spark plug wires

Hi

I did a search for plug wire suggestions but didn't find any, so what I am looking for is plug wires for a 350 but I don't want to make them up and I don't want them a foot too long. What brand fits the best? I am also looking for wire looms and which one work with the wires. I am looking for something neat looking and that will fit with headers. If anyone has any pictures that would help me too !

Thanks !!

Last edited by mikey531; 07-31-2009 at 01:37 AM.
mikey531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
mclairmo

Re: Spark plug wires

I used Taylor Spiro Pro on my Camaro and they were very nice. Just bought Jeg's house brand red wires for my truck's small block and they look very nice for cheap, about $25. I think Jegs has them for HEI and non-HEI and under and over the headers. Both of these wire sets were pre-crimped and ready to install. In my Camaro, I used a Spectre loom that bolts to the outside valve cover bolts and routes them nicely over the headers.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Jurassic-1

If you are routing them in the stock places and with stock components such as distributer and rams horn exaust I have used Mallory Pro Wires to fit a big block chevy 396-402 application they fit better than those that supposedly fit the 350. If you rout them correctly they will run from the distributer through factory looms around the side of the bock and through the moter mounts then with angle boots they fit under the manifolds and onto the plugs. This way they will not get burned. I think Brothers Truck parts and possibly some of the other dealers sell repop factory wire looms or someone may have a used set.
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Jim_PA

It's not hard to make wires, and being that you don't have a stock config, it's probably going to be hard to buy some off the rack that fit just right.

I just put together a set of MSD wires, and it even comes with a decent crimping tool and all the terminals, boots, and even a new coil wire. I've also used Taylor wires in the past, but after seeing the quality of these MSD wires, I have to say these seem to be worth the extra $$$.
Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
TonyJohnson

Napa deluxe plug wires for a 75 Vette. 8mm dark blue, $45 and guaranteed for life. This assumes you have an HEI dissy.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
FLDBRED

MSD,has a street wire for around 35 bucks,it is a real good wire for the price.
FLDBRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 AM   #7
fdbdw

dont buy trans dapt chrome wire looms, if your not real carful they will cut your wires, I had best luck with a cheap pair of plastic floating looms, that way you can move them were ever you want to make them work the best, they usualy come in pairs of 2,3&4
fdbdw is offline   Reply With Quote