The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Larry S

getting started back on the 69

Its been a while since Ive been on here. I took a break from the project. Heres what I have so far. I have the frame painted with the 96 5.7 vortec l460e bolted in place. I have completed all of the cab rust repair and have the cab primed in expoy. I have a 67-72 Blazer tank bolted in the rear. I have the complete 96 silverado donor. My next goal is to get the engine runable (at least cranking). Its been uncranked for a year. I'm staying with the injection. I'm still unsure about the fuel delivery system. I would like to put the pump and sender out of the 96 because I know its the correct fuel pressure for the engine, and I have it, but I've been told the sender is a different ohm than my factory 69 gauge. My blazer tank is new and has never had gas in it so I could modify the tank to make the 96 sender/pump fit, but I'm unclear if it will work my gauge correctly. Another option is an external electric pump. Any imput from guys that has done this type of swap will be appreciated!
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
dan42

Re: getting started back on the 69

We are all mentally challenged here - you need to post some nice pictures. Sound like a nice set up.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
franky69c10
chevy runs deep

1969 c10 swb soon 2 b on the road...

My LWB is a SWB now
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498241
franky69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Larry S

Well either somethings goin on with my cmptr or this site. I cant get the pics to load. I'll try later. Heres an idea, someone tell me why this wouldnt work... The Blazer tank I have, came with a stock 90 ohm sender, set up for a mechanical fuel pump. Im thinking I could use this sender for a sender only and plug off the fuel pick up line where it comes out of the tank. Then cut another hole in the tank and weld the lock ring from the 96 silverado and install the 96 fuel pump/ sender into the tank. Id just be using it as a fuel pump(no sender). The 96 pump is the correct height for this tank. I have the wiring harness for the pump from the donor. I know it sounds crazy, but I know this pump is the correct pressure for the vortec, and I know the 90 ohm sender is correct for the 69 gauge. I have all of this stuff and wouldnt have to spend any $, and I really dont want to go with an external pump. I would just need to set my bed back on and be sure the lines coming out of the top of the 96 pump wont have any clearance issues. What do you guys think?
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote