The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2003, 01:37 PM   #1
cbass

I finally did the disc brake swap

I did the swap on my truck finally I used spindles from a 72 model truck got ball joints for a 72 model and outer tie rods and rubber brake hoses. I used the tie rod adjuster from www.classicperform.com that uses the 70-model outer tie rod as your inner tie rod and a 72 outer as your outer.

In discussions on the board before people told me I would have to change out the hard lines on my truck so that they run on the front of the cross member that doesn't seem to be correct the hoses have plenty of length coming out the back.

I did run into one problem one of the rubber brake lines I ordered online had the wrong thread it was to big. I went to the local parts store and they don't carry the hose for that model truck so I asked if I could look at their inventory which consisted of about 500 hoses and the first one I grabbed looked like it would work but it was about 2" longer that the 72 model one I ordered online it was for a 69 to 71 nova and it works great.

It also seems the truck tires lean out at the top I'm thinking this might be caused by the lack of hood and fenders.

I'll post pictures later today to get your opinions
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

You haven't driven it much have you? You need to get it aligned as soon as possible, or you will rub the tires off of it. They will have to adjust the a-arms to get the tires back in line. Good luck, Jeff.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:41 AM   #3
cbass

I planed on doing that after I bolt the fenders and hood back I wouldn't want to drive to the alignment shop looking like some truck from Mad Max
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote