The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

WANTED Chrome Stepside Sport Rear Bumper

I am looking for a nice original driver quality Chrome Stepside Sport Rear Bumper, or good repro is OK as well. My truck has the brackets still, so I don't need them. I would like to find one within driving distance of Austin TX to save $$$, unless yours is cheap enough to ship. Include pics with reply, please.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
ms2335

Re: WANTED Chrome Stepside Sport Rear Bumper

I have a stepside Chrome reproduction bumper I will be selling. I will get you pictures this evening. Just got back from Indiana with the truck last night and haven't even unloaded it yet.
ms2335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
ms2335

[ATTACH]Attachment 547732[/ATTACH]This is the bumper I have. I would like to get $150 out of it. The guy I bought the truck from thought it was a fleetside bumper until he tried to mount it

Last edited by ms2335; 01-07-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
WIDESIDE72

I am going to the Decatur swap meet this weekend and can get a new repro from Kenny's Truck Parts for $149 (no shipping charge), so I will have to find a better deal...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
WIDESIDE72

http://www.kennystrucks.com/PartPict...=149.00&ID=527
Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
ms2335

Wasn't sure what they run. If you are interested make me an offer. I don't need it I need one for a fleetside
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
Baby John

ms2335, I sent you a PM on your stepside bumper with an offer. You're close to Baton Rouge LA so I could drive and pick it up, or perhaps you might could meet me 1/2 way. I live in Mendenhall MS 39114 so you could check the distance to see if meeting me 1/2 way would be OK with you.

My son and I are resto-rodding a '72 GMC Stepside
Baby John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby John View Post
ms2335, I sent you a PM on your stepside bumper with an offer. You're close to Baton Rouge LA so I could drive and pick it up, or perhaps you might could meet me 1/2 way. I live in Mendenhall MS 39114 so you could check the distance to see if meeting me 1/2 way would be OK with you.
Dirty pool right there.Both of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.What even happened to scrupples?..Man!Talk about a hijack....The man posts a WTB and you make a side deal in his thread?Baby John,you aren`t a subscriber and you made a deal off a subscriber`s WTB thread.The way I see it you made a WTB deal and skirted the rules.Infractions given to both of you.Please read rules on buying selling...no PM sales.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-22-2010 at 11:00 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Baby John

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Dirty pool right there.Both of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.What even happened to scrupples?..Man!Talk about a hijack....The man posts a WTB and you make a side deal in his thread?Baby John,you aren`t a subscriber and you made a deal off a subscriber`s WTB thread.The way I see it you made a WTB deal and skirted the rules.Infractions given to both of you.Please read rules on buying selling...no PM sales.
Maybe I jumped the gun a little. If so then I guess an infraction is due. But based on this response from WIDESIDE72 "I am going to the Decatur swap meet this weekend and can get a new repro from Kenny's Truck Parts for $149 (no shipping charge), so I will have to find a better deal... " I figured he had passed on the offer that was made.

You're right, I'm not a subscriber and I've figured out that this must be why I don't have access to post ads in the WTB section. Not really sure what it takes to be a subscriber. I can only get on the site from work and really just open the page and look around in brief spurts to avoid getting caught goofing off at work. I was looking for a bumper, and saw the thread, and saw WIDESIDES post and figured it was OK to make an offer.

There's nothing wrong with my buying/selling ethics or conduct. I understand most buying/selling forum rules and do my best to abide by the standard rules though I haven't had time to read this forums specific rules. I also understand that if you soil your reputation with administrators or moderators of any forum you'll get repromanded and/or booted from the board. But...I'm a big boy and if that's the deal then that's the deal. Let me know. It was just a mistake or oversight on my end.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
WIDESIDE72

I have an ORIGINAL fleetside sport bumper that is in pretty nice condition. I would be willing to swap for your stepside bumper. Let me know if you are interested and I can take some pics of it.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
WIDESIDE72

Gee, thanks... I got a PM from ms2335 that the bumper was sold... Baby John (?), I hope you enjoy the bumper.

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 02-18-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:22 PM   #12
WIDESIDE72

TTT still looking
Old 02-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #13
WIDESIDE72

Ttt
Old 02-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #14
WIDESIDE72

Ttt
Old 02-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
WIDESIDE72

ttt
Old 03-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #16
WIDESIDE72

I will also consider a painted sport bumper as well. Also thinking of using a painted front bumper...
Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #17
BarryB

I have one over at a friends house. I'll try to remember to get over there and get pics. I'm thinking the brackets are still attached. for shipping I could put it on a greyhound.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!

Last edited by BarryB; 03-22-2010 at 09:55 PM.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #18
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I have one over at a friends house. I'll try to remember to get over there and get pics. I'm thinking the brackets are still attached. for shipping I could put it on a greyhound.
I am interested. Do you have any pics? How much do you need for it? Shipping cost to Leander TX 78641, please.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Any update? If it makes any difference, I don't need brackets, by the way. How much including shipping to Leander X 7841?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

It looks like you stepped in on someone`s deal.You can make all the excuses you want.I`m leaving it at that.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
WIDESIDE72

Baby John has offered an apology and a choice of one of a few different parts as "atonemment". Apology accepted, no hard feelings. He has currently looking offered to give me a set of SBC headers (!)
Old 04-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #22
Baby John

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Baby John has offered an apology and a choice of one of a few different parts as "atonemment". Apology accepted, no hard feelings. He has currently looking offered to give me a set of SBC headers (!)
Headers are on they're way. Expect delivery 4/13

Old 05-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
Baby John

OK I'm getting pissed. This guy posted a WTB for a chrome bumper "within driving distance of Austin Tx". A guy in central Louisiana responds that he'd sell one to him for $150.00. He responds that he can buy a new one for that price at some swap meet that he's heading to that weekend and "passed for a better deal". I step in (be it ever so wrong) and offer to buy the bumper from the other guy since I'm alot closer to him than Austin Tx and since it appears to me that there's no deal being made. The seller could have easily told me that the first guy had made him an offer. Perhaps my offer was higher, I don't know. I make a deal and I drive 4 hours to pick up the bumper. I even pay the seller an additional $20 for his gas since it was long drive for him too. Then I get reprimanded because of the whole thing. Even though I think there's no way in hell the first guy was going to buy the bumper and pay for having it shipped (since he asked for one within driving distance, and knowing that he'd spend way more on gas or shipping than a new bumper costs and knowing he was going to a swap meet later on where he says he can get one for $150.00) and since he "passed on the deal"

After my reprimand I volunteered to make it right by offering him some free stuff. I sent him a message telling him this. He asks "what do you have?". I responded and he asked for pictures of the headers. I sent the pictures to him. He said he'd take them. I said "you pay me shipping". He agreed. I sent the headers and sent him a message that the shipping was $59.21 (or something like that) and I hear nothing for a week, then finally I hear that I had somehow caused him some trouble by not telling him before hand what the shipping costs were going to be, and that the headers (even though he had them mounted on his truck) weren't in that good of shape and I hear a story that he had paid $25.00 for a set of headers just a short while earlier. Later on after some bickering back and forth he offers to pay me 1/2 the price of shipping. What a swell guy! What am I to do besides accept?

So, now I've bought a bumper, driven 4 hrs to pick it up, and so has the seller to give it to me, received an infraction from an adminstrator, then I've given up one of my son's parts and not only did I not get to sell the part (for my son) I'm out $60.00 on top of that plus this guy has my headers mounted to his truck and he hasn't paid a penny for them. It's not like I can call the internet police or anything. Now after about 3 weeks I haven't received the 1/2 price offer he so generously made, nor have I received a penny nor any kind of follow up note.

I'll probably receive another infraction but this is BS!

Last edited by Baby John; 05-12-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
killer71

just my opinion but i don't see where you did anything wrong. Yea most ppl like to have all the dealing done via main thread and that's how it should be but it happens all the time. He clearly stated he could get a better/same deal somewhere else so that makes the bumper fair game. I dunno I don't get it, why should you owe anyone anything?

Last edited by killer71; 05-12-2010 at 04:30 PM.
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #25
Baby John

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
just my opinion but i don't see where you did anything wrong. Yea most ppl like to have all the dealing done via main thread and that's how it should be but it happens all the time. He clearly stated he could get a better/same deal somewhere else so that makes the bumper fair game. I dunno I don't get it, why should you owe anyone anything?
Thanks. I was made to feel really guilty and did my best to make ammends and wound up getting shafted. I just wanted everyone to know.