The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Crush

Need Advice

Life deals you some pretty tough blows at times....this is one of them

My beloved project no longer has a place to be stored....after my divorce last year I thought I was past the toughest part...but alas shes taking me back to court for yet MORE money....and with that I have to part ways with my 2 owner '79 that I had started restoring 7 years ago...or so

my question is....sell as a roller "project" or try to part it out?? I need to sell this ASAP as I will no longer have storage for it in the near future...

heres about 90% of what I have in it...

***NOTE- Wheels/Tires are no longer on the truck***

'79 Chevy C-10
421 aluminum headed SBC
Doug Herbert Hyd-Roller 285/285 .555 110
Comp Pro Magnum 1.6 Roller Rockers
AFR Hyper-Rev Kit
Billet Stud Girdle
Comp HR Retro-Conv Lifters
Trick Flow 195cc Aluminum Heads with upgraded valves/springs
Scat 3.875 Cast Crank
KB Hyper Pistons w/ Eagle I-beam Rods
Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap Intake
Edelbrock Thunder AVS 800cfm carb and all Braided lines and fittings
Holley High Flow Mechanical Fuel Pump w/ ARP fuel rod
MSD E-Curve Billet Dist.
Taylor ThunderVolt 50 wires
Moroso 7 quart "kick out pan" with upgraded Oil Pump and Baffles
Summit High-Torque Mini Starter
Cloyes 2 piece Billet Timing Cover
Billet Specialties Tall Valve Covers
ARP fasteners - every nut, bolt and washer was replaced with ARP

All I can think of about the motor...only had 500 miles on it when I bought it. Tore it down to the shortblock and rebuilt it with all Fel-Pro gaskets and new ARP fasteners. Never been fired.

Be Cool Alum Radiator (model specific) w/ dual elec fans, and billet overflow tank

th400 Monster Motorsports "SS Mega" tran w/ TORCO 3600rpm convertor and billet frame mount trans cooler...built for up to 950hp

Truck has 12bolt rear end with SSBC rear disc conversion (alum polished calipers) with slotted rotors....comes with a 1350 pinion conversion and a Power-Trac LS thats not been installed yet.

Front brakes are SSBC Force 10 "big brake" conversion with 13" slotted rotors

Suspension...Bell Tech 5-7 drop...springs/spindle front...flip kit/shackles in rear...also has a set of Cal-Tracs not installed yet.

'79 C-10 - truck has been painted but needs to be re-done and/or touched up due to bed damage during moving....other than the bed damage...rest of the truck is either brand new NOS GM panels or perfect originals and all new lens, grill surround and bezels.

Just not sure what the best way to go about this is.....I know I'm going to lose my ass on this...but I just need to get rid of it and be done with it.....sucks.

Any opinions would be appreciated....

Last edited by Crush; 02-17-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
staggerd86c-10
Squarebody Aficionado

Re: Need Advice

Im sorry to hear about you troubles i think if you sell it as a whole you might get a bit more money then parting it out. try to finish it as much as you can to make it look like a street worthy truck and you will get good money cause it looks great.

On another note can i get some more details on the wheel and tire combo you have in the picture you posted?
staggerd86c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerd86c-10 View Post
Im sorry to hear about you troubles i think if you sell it as a whole you might get a bit more money then parting it out. try to finish it as much as you can to make it look like a street worthy truck and you will get good money cause it looks great.

On another note can i get some more details on the wheel and tire combo you have in the picture you posted?
Yeah..that was my original thoughts....but I wont have storage for it in the next month or so....and have NO time to even come close to getting it "drivable"....thats my biggest ordeal

no problem....the wheels were 22x10 Boyd Dictators...6"bs on rear and 7" bs on the front....tires were 285/35/22 front and 325/40/22 (which I still have in storage) rear..

When I put the wheels/tires on my K5 I had to swap the front tires to the rear and run a 265/30/22 on the front
Old 02-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
thump16

I thought you sold it last year? If you really need a place to store it, you can bring it up here to my house. I won't charge you for storing it. I know all about the bad blows life can dish out. I am an hour forty five from you off of 75 in valdosta in south Georgia. I used to travel to Jacksonville almost every other weekend.

Sledge

Last edited by thump16; 02-17-2010 at 02:25 PM.
thump16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump16 View Post
I thought you sold it last year? If you really need a place to store it, you can bring it up here to my house. I am an hour forty five from you off of 75 in valdosta in south Georgia. I used to travel to Jacksonville almost every other weekend.

Sledge
Had it sold to a guy here local and he bailed, thats when I decided to try and keep it until everything blew over and I was able to get back into a house so that I could start working on it again.

Well...its not blowing over and I really just need to sell it (whole or parts) to cover what looks like impending attorneys fees....and it also holds some memories that I'd rather just be done with...

VERY much appreciate the offer to store it for me though....this community is by far one of the BEST on the internet...I'll be back in a square body one day...but for now I just need to cut my losses...

Last edited by Crush; 02-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
82chevy350

i would say make it drivable put windows on it and some rallies or what not and sell it as a running vehicle should get alot more money tht way

'82 Primer White c10 2wd LWB 350 sbc t350
(Hot Rod)
'90 2wd LWB Silverado 350 tbi 700R4
(Daily Driver)
'53 m38a1 Willys Jeep
(Toy)
82chevy350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

sell it for a buck to a friend whole and once you get done with this girl get it back and complete it.......

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
sell it for a buck to a friend whole and once you get done with this girl get it back and complete it.......
Actually the Title is still in my uncles name....so it's not about her trying to get the truck from me....

Short story is that she found out that I just got a considerable promotion/raise and wants to take me back to court for more child/support and alimony....

I need to sell it to pay for an attorney...plain and simple...

my main question was to sell as a whole or part it out for what I can...I know I'm taking a huge loss on it...as I know I'll NEVER get near what I have in it back out...just need to get some cash ASAP and also need to drop my storage bill every month....
Old 02-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
thump16

If you need help, just ask. My offer still stands. When you get a price let us know. It's an awesome start to a cool project.

Sledge
thump16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
JohnC

Only advice I can give you is to keep your head up, and try and stay positive. I dealt with my wife's ex when he tried all kinds of stupid stuff like this.

No scenario is a good one. I would try and sell it as it is. No since in parting out a good start to a project. I would suggest putting it here in the classifieds. There are a lot of guys that are looking in there for something to start with.

Hope it all works out for you.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump16 View Post
If you need help, just ask. My offer still stands. When you get a price let us know. It's an awesome start to a cool project.

Sledge
Appreciate it man....also...just to be clear....this is my project '79 pickup...I did sell my 1990 K5 blazer last year....this is my last "toy" that I have....so hopefully it'll go to a good home..
Old 02-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
Mr.Scary
Project Optimus Prime

man hearing stuff like this makes me want to pull my hair out!! sucks man

"I said it b4 and i'll say it agian wiring is my worst enemy":devil:
Mr.Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

Sorry man,I wouldn't wish what you're going through on anyone.You're handling it well though and doing what needs to be done to get through it.For that you deserve alot of respect!
I think that if you're set on getting rid of the truck and want to move on,then selling it whole would be the best bet imo.Parting it out could drag on for quite some time.
Best of luck in whatever you decide!
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #14
82chevy350

Yea theres no point in parting out a nice looking truck like that and who knows you may eend up getting it back in the future

'82 Primer White c10 2wd LWB 350 sbc t350
(Hot Rod)
'90 2wd LWB Silverado 350 tbi 700R4
(Daily Driver)
'53 m38a1 Willys Jeep
(Toy)
82chevy350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
Crush

Thanks for the support and advice guys...it's in the classifieds at what I feel are FIRE SALE prices....would be willing to work on any combo of things that are listed as well as a tons of misc parts that I have also

NOS Vent Windows...brand new (cant tll you how long it took to find these)

Tach Gauge Cluster

some seals and such

etc etc etc.....really just need to get to the stroage unit and check on what all I have...

Thanks again!!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Unless you really want to get rid of it, move it to a buddies house and don't say much. Apparently she is going greedy and wants it all, sooner or later she is going to decide that if you have a toy, then whe wants equal compensation---maybe she already has. Not sure what you are getting paid now, or if children are involved, but a pay raise now, is not money earned while you were married. I would think that it appears that she is going for child support and not maintenance of her life. If there are kids, then make a quicka greement, because the court will force you anyways and get away from the gal. As for attorney's fees---surely by now, you have a deal worked out with this guy for the whole enchilada.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #17
RuralRoute C-30

Tossing my 2 cents in only to agree not to part it out. If you really need to unload it "now" it would take even longer to part it out. (although if you were closer I would like the motor!)

Good luck either way. Sounds like she just wants that new raise you got one way or another. Granted it is natural your child support will rise as your income does. Alimony in Florida? There you need the attorney and if I might suggest, get a "pit bull" personality for an attorney when in this unfortunate position where it is not an agreeable parting of the ways. Don't forget attorneys "work for you"! If yours doesn't work hard enough, find one who can.

Trust me when I say that in all divorces the odds are you will lose at least 50% of your stuff and that is before there are kids involved. Having lost over 150% of my stuff in my lifetime I know this to be true. Good Luck!

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Rollinsqrbdy

Sorry to hear bout your situation. Keep your head up. What are you asking for the 79?
1984 k 10 Silverado...6" lift with 38.5 super swampers
New Mexico Member
--- Member of the Square Body Club---
Rollinsqrbdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
Crush

Thanks guys...and yes..this has all been settled once...but now shes going for more...so I am getting the best attorney I can to fight for additional custody...THATS why i need to unload...I was expecting that she'd fight for the additional CS...but shes also fighting for some other things that she said wasnt agreed upon. It's gone from civil to ugly really quick and for what reason I do not know....but it is what it is.

The truck is NOT in question...she knows its not in my name...so that is not an issue at all. Believe me...I DO NOT want to sell it...but I just need the cash.

To be honest it'll be best when it's gone...it's the last thing that I have that has a lingering memory of "us"....besides the kids of course.

It's time to move on....and someone is going to get a HELL of a deal.....

again..thanks guys...I posted a classified in the 73-87 Trucks For Sale Section....let me know if anyone is wanting anything..
Old 02-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #20
Rollinsqrbdy

Its a beautiful truck. Good luck selling it, im sure for that price it aint gonna last. What color is on it?
1984 k 10 Silverado...6" lift with 38.5 super swampers
New Mexico Member
--- Member of the Square Body Club---
Rollinsqrbdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #21
Crush

Thanks man...I hope so....I'd really like to see someone finish it.

It's PPG Aston Martin Cumberland Grey
Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #22
CLASSIC87'
OL BLUU

Sorry to hear about all that... been there done that. Get laid off and she will stop hounding you... hell when I got laid off my ex gave me full custody and bailed to another state. She won "Mother of the year award for 2009"
Also... don't EVER give up... eventually one will cave in... and don't let that be you.

Anthony

Last edited by CLASSIC87'; 02-17-2010 at 09:42 PM.
CLASSIC87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #23
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLASSIC87' View Post
Sorry to hear about all that... been there done that. Get laid off and she will stop hounding you... hell when I got laid off my ex gave me full custody and bailed to another state. She won "Mother of the year award for 2009"
Also... don't EVER give up... eventually one will cave in... and don't let that be you.

Anthony

Thanks man....I'm definately not giving up....just starting to get going....thats whats become priority number one for me....hence why I'm selling off what I have left in order to fight tooth and nail.

I'm going to be honest here guys....I'm touched at the comments, advice and support....you guys know me no more than a bump on a log....and yet you guys treat me like a life long friend...it doesnt go unnoticed...THANKS
Old 02-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #24
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Been there done that!

I was left with my clothes and everything else fit in a box.

2 months later I was layed off from my job.

One year later I was hired at UPS (still there).

Four years later I remarried, 20 years in March.

I've never been happier.

Be strong, trust God, look forward.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #25
6772fan

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. I go with the majority here. If it has to go, then I think you're on the right track- sell it whole at a reasonable price to move it. Take care and good luck to you.

1979 Chevy SWB- (Second owner- Father in Law was first)

1979 Chevy Silverado SWB-Red/Red
6772fan is offline   Reply With Quote