The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Projects, projects, projects...

Hi All,

I put an ad out for 67-72 truck and parts as well as indicating that I work on these trucks as well.

Got a good response, got me into the first project, a GMC truck with a non-running motor, Lady is paying me plus giving me two other trucks for my time to pull old motor and install the running motor that she had in the truck bed. Well, I pull the 350 out, and start to look at the motor in the bed. It is a 65 283 and I realize that not only does it not have the accesseries holes in the heads, the entire engine is full of water. Call the lady to inform her and let her know that I have another truck that I was in the process of buying that has a good running motor and that she could buy that from me. That was the 68 blue wrecked truck pictured. She then calls me the next day and she she just brought a 78 chevy with a good motor and could I look at it to put that engine into the GMC.

So I am now working on pulling that motor out of the 78 chevy short bed 4x4 truck, and she says, oh, you can have that truck too. So, trucks coming out of my ears and I still have not picked up the first two trucks that she has given me for doing this work. By the way, that 78 is for sale on the 73-87 sale thread, check it out! (LINK)

Enjoy the rest of the pictures, bummer about the blue 68, kid wrapped in around a pole in the rain just at the bottom of my street. Was in great shape!!

So, yellow gmc that I am working on, then the two engines (of which I get to keep, the 350 on left, 283 on right, then the 78 the lady gave me, and the blue68 that Rick1971 and I just picked up.
Attached Images

Last edited by John Fabris; 05-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.
John Fabris is offline   Reply With Quote