The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Tempted to sell, but not sure what to ask

okay, so i'm really tempted to sell my '66 since coming across another '66 i'm interested in buying...i know what i gave for this truck, but i'm not 100% sure what it's worth...i'll give some details, then i'll link to some pics...more than willing to take more pics if needed or interested

1966 short bed, fleetside, big back window

Engine: 327 V8, Edelbrock polished alum. intake, Edelbrock 600cfm carb, polished aluminum valve covers, Mallory Unilite distributor, Pertronix Flame Thrower coil, Taylor 8mm wires, ram horn exhaust manifolds, dual exhaust

Trans: Automatic w/ 2 spd Powerglide

Suspension: original

Wheels: original w/ chrome hubcaps & stainless ribbed trim rings
Tires: Firestone 205/75/15

Interior: burgundy vinyl seat & door panels, burgundy carpet, Deluxe steering wheel, Deluxe heater

Exterior: black/white, custom trim (not perfect), window trim, chrome grille, chrome front bumper (slight bend), chrome rear bumper, rock/gravel guards (rear bumper), 1965 emblems

it has typical rust in the lower front fenders, some rust in the inner rocker area, some very small rust areas on front edge of hood...one PO fused a GMC vin to the cab, but it was registered & titled in MS this year with no issues

that covers the basics, but if anyone wants further detail, i'll be happy to give all info to my knowlege

here's a link to some various pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0C-10/?start=0

here's one pic just because:

likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
MacAttack
283 Drama Queen

Re: Tempted to sell, but not sure what to ask

Don't know about your area, but here in SoCal a fair price would be $5,500 to $6,000 in the present economy - because of the original trim.

Mac.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
JRBECK64

I would hold on to it because thats a really nice truck. Wait for the economy to bounce back before you let go of it if you can.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBECK64 View Post
I would hold on to it because thats a really nice truck. Wait for the economy to bounce back before you let go of it if you can.

JRBECK64

If this is the truck you want to get rid of, I gotta see pics of the one you like better.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
jocko

yeah, I gotta echo 63&64 Bowties... If you want to dump this thing, I wish I'd held off on the one I bought! If it helps you decide, I can tell you I once used your sunset photo as a screensaver.

Where I live, with the BBW/ShortWide combo - and the minimal rust you describe, I'm guessing you could ask $10K minimum, maybe more if the 327 is original to the truck.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
60apache

my guess would be around 4000.00 being a dealer Im pretty good at apraising vehicles.
60apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
jmedero

Dude don't do it. Grass always looks better on the other side. Your truck is in great shape I know want it lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post

If this is the truck you want to get rid of, I gotta see pics of the one you like better.
ask, and you shall receive:

http://shoals.craigslist.org/cto/1885051083.html

Quote:

JRBECK64
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Don't know about your area, but here in SoCal a fair price would be $5,500 to $6,000 in the present economy - because of the original trim.

Mac.
i was guessing that same range

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
yeah, I gotta echo 63&64 Bowties... If you want to dump this thing, I wish I'd held off on the one I bought! If it helps you decide, I can tell you I once used your sunset photo as a screensaver.

Where I live, with the BBW/ShortWide combo - and the minimal rust you describe, I'm guessing you could ask $10K minimum, maybe more if the 327 is original to the truck.
327 is not original, but it is a '66 327...i also have the 283 which was previously in the truck...i was told it was original to the truck, but i don't have proof....it's not a $10k truck though

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmedero View Post
Dude don't do it. Grass always looks better on the other side. Your truck is in great shape I know want it lol.
i hear ya Juan, but check out the other one...

i haven't seen the other truck in person, since i just came across it...i'll have to call and get more details as well...but it looks pretty dang nice from the pics
Old 08-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
highwater86

The truck you have now makes me ROCK HARD!!! There is no way I would make that trade. Just Buy the other one to go with the one you have now
highwater86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #10
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Wow that's sick. I'll tell you what, buy that one and send me yours and I'll hold on to it for you.
haha, funny guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwater86 View Post
The truck you have now makes me ROCK HARD!!! There is no way I would make that trade. Just Buy the other one to go with the one you have now
thanks...not trading...wish i could, but i can't afford to have both right now either...really just want a pickup for now, since i have a Burb that will hopefully get built in the future
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #11
jmedero

Wow that's sick. I'll tell you what, buy that one and send me yours and I'll hold on to it for you.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
I was going to suggest I think your current truck is worth about $50. That way I could afford it! Unfortunately it's too far away so that won't work anyway!

That's a tough decision to make. I really love your existing truck, but see the charm in the other one. I like the factory bed rails and the bumper guards. If the bed rails are in excellent condition they could be worth $500 or more by themselves. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #13
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I was going to suggest I think your current truck is worth about $50. That way I could afford it! Unfortunately it's too far away so that won't work anyway!

That's a tough decision to make. I really love your existing truck, but see the charm in the other one. I like the factory bed rails and the bumper guards. If the bed rails are in excellent condition they could be worth $500 or more by themselves. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.
thanks, $75 and we'll call it a deal the reason i lean towards the other '66 is because it's more original...i'm gonna try to get some more details on it tomorrow...i threw mine up on CL just to see what happens...just gotta hope that truck sticks around til I can make a move
Old 08-13-2010, 03:16 AM   #14
GGinferno
DiablosWeldingFabrication

Just remenber the #1 rule on old school trucks! look! touch! see! and look at what you got now! you know what your rig does...sooo you know what you have!... to what you are going to sell to get another! been their done that! kicked my self in the b$%*S! before! soo! just think about that one! if I was you!...... i just stick with what you got! just my 2 cents!

Last edited by GGinferno; 08-13-2010 at 03:17 AM.
GGinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #15
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:

dammit Juan, somebody in Pensacola already bought it...let me know if you come across it, & let me know if it goes back up for sale....guy said it sold Tuesday...it was posted on Aug. 6, so it didn't last long...that's how my luck goes though
Old 08-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #16
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
dammit Juan, somebody in Pensacola already bought it...let me know if you come across it, & let me know if it goes back up for sale....guy said it sold Tuesday...it was posted on Aug. 6, so it didn't last long...that's how my luck goes though
likaroc13,
I waited 6 years to buy a car that I had already bought the engine for a long time ago. Most of my Friends thought I was full of Sh_t because they thought I was not really going to buy a car (Just Talking About It). Not long ago my 67 GTO Convertible without an Engine or Tranny showed up on Craigslist which is exactly what I have been waiting for six years, the guy wanted $4K for the car and it was mine the very next day because it was meant to be. I know this is hard to swallow but I bet there is a reason you were not supposed to get that truck beyond not being able to afford it without selling your truck. If you dont mind me asking how long have you had your truck? Have you thought about Freshening up your truck (Not that it needs it) and maybe having that 283 Rebuilt to make it more original?

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #17
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
likaroc13,
I waited 6 years to buy a car that I had already bought the engine for a long time ago. Most of my Friends thought I was full of Sh_t because they thought I was not really going to buy a car (Just Talking About It). Not long ago my 67 GTO Convertible without an Engine or Tranny showed up on Craigslist which is exactly what I have been waiting for six years, the guy wanted $4K for the car and it was mine the very next day because it was meant to be. I know this is hard to swallow but I bet there is a reason you were not supposed to get that truck beyond not being able to afford it without selling your truck. If you dont mind me asking how long have you had your truck? Have you thought about Freshening up your truck (Not that it needs it) and maybe having that 283 Rebuilt to make it more original?

JRBECK64
no doubt, i too believe everything happens for a reason...my current truck actually got "sold" a week before i looked at it...however, the buyer delayed & the owner re-offered it to me...and i bought it...i've had the truck a little over a year now...already working towards refreshing the truck...got a '72 5-lug rear swap in the process & will do a front end rebuild with '72 parts as well...as for the 283, i'm not even sure it's original to the truck but it does fit the era if you run the #'s....my 327 is healthy though & is also an era correct 327....

there's just a few process i'll have to go through to get mine where i want it...but seeing that other one made me think how nice it would be to not have to spend as much $$$ to get mine to where that one seemed to be
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #18
gulffishin

Did you see this one: http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/1895144329.html ?

It's in similar condition for about the same price, about the same distance from you.
gulffishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #19
MalibuKasey
Artist

Here your truck would go IMHO for around $6-7000. Man... I dig that Seafoam... granted thats why I bought one!! But these trucks have a special place for alot of people... just got to hope the right one see's your truck and grabs it up.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #20
jmedero

Dude if I see it I'll send some pics your way. I miss my 66.....
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #21
old cruiser

Over here that would go for between $15000 and $20000 aus $ about $13000 to $18000 US
old cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #22
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Bed rails were on backwards on the green 66. Would have been nice to see more pictures of it. I do like your present truck more though! By the way, thank's again for the vacuum manifold and pump brackets.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #23
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

I would have to see it in person....but back before this $$$$$$ mess we are in now....any clean short bed would start at 5K and go up from there. If it runs nice, looks as good as the pictures and everything works....I would hold out of $5000
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #24
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Dude if I see it I'll send some pics your way. I miss my 66.....
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
Over here that would go for between $15000 and $20000 aus $ about $13000 to $18000 US
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
Bed rails were on backwards on the green 66. Would have been nice to see more pictures of it. I do like your present truck more though! By the way, thank's again for the vacuum manifold and pump brackets.
thanks...i think you have me confused with someone else regarding the parts though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak View Post
I would have to see it in person....but back before this $$$$$$ mess we are in now....any clean short bed would start at 5K and go up from there. If it runs nice, looks as good as the pictures and everything works....I would hold out of $5000
thanks...wish i coulda looked at it in person
Old 08-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #25
60apache

I saw it on craigslist did you have any calls?
60apache is offline   Reply With Quote