The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
ccsrcr

problem with transmission company Kinda OT

Please read the whole thing, or at least the last part, NEED ADVICE ! This is for my 98 dodge durango which is about to be sold !

I am sure for the one bad transaction that I have had from them that there is at least 100 good ones, but here is my story, so hopefully you can make you own decision on this company.

1. Ordered the transmission with the (12 month/12,000 mile extended warranty), basic warranty is 6month/6000 mile warranty.

2. The trans was delayed an addition day shipping because they did not have the torque convertor, and had to outsource it.

3. Received the trans, and after the shop had tried to install it, noticed that it was the incorrect trans, after time on the tech line with phoenix hard parts found that they had sent a Dodge Ram trans instead of the drango trans. Believe it or not, they are sligly different, and it would not work.

4. Was notified that I would need to have the new one one the way back to them before they could ship the correct one to me. Had it on the way to them the same day, and then found out they did not have the correct one to ship to me, and that they would have to build one, and ship it in the day or so.

5. Recieved the correct trans, and had it put in , but was having a problem with the 1-2 upshift. Ended up having the governor pressure sensor, and solenoid replace to correct this ( more on this in the warranty section)

6. Warranty explained in detail (which they do not tell you, or at least they di not tell me) The basic 6/6000 warrany is VERY basic, if the trans fails, or is bad when you recieve it, then it is at your cost to have it removed, shipped back to them, and replaced. the extended 12/12000 warranty covers shipping, removal, parts, and replacement, BUT only covers $35 and hour for labor, Does NOT cover any diagnostics, so you are own you own to either at your cost have the trans checked out to find out what is wrong with it, or have it removed and sent back to them. I do not know what the labor rate is where you live, but it is at least $70 an hour here, and $80 at the dealership.

7. So to kinda wrap this up this is the situation I am in right now. I had to pay $93 extra labor because of the first incident with the wrong trans, which they will only cover $15 of. I bought out of my pocket at the dodge dealer the 2 sensors and the trans gasket,which totaled $213.76, and they only want to cover $112 of that which they say is there cost.

8. Anyone have any idea's on what I should do next ? I am thinking I may have to sue them to get me money back, but I am not sure how this would work since they are in Phoenix, Az, and I am in Alexandria, VA. Any opinions would be appreciated.
ccsrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
jays68yak

Get them to send you the parts and then see if you can return them at the dealership.
Just an idea.

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "
jays68yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
ccsrcr

that is an idea, but I doubt they are Mopar parts they have, and that still will not cover the labor cost that they are not covering.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:36 PM   #4
cdowns

well i'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but i doubt it would be worth it to sue them over this. about the only thing you can do is put it behind you as a lesson learned. i always try to buy locally even if it means costing more money upfront, that way there's somebody who you know that you can deal with if a problem arises.
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
ccsrcr

It is definaly a lesson learned, cheaper is not always better, but everything is extremely expensive here. it was over a $1000 savings so I decided to go with them.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:10 PM   #6
ckhd

It's good (for me) to hear about your experience. Phoenix Hard Parts is only 4 hours away from me, but it's nice to see how they work, so if I ever buy stuff from them, I'll know what to expect. I've been thinking of getting an NV4500 from them, but I guess I better check it out a lot closer.

Suing probably won't be worth it. The filing fees alone are almost unaffordable.

Let us know what happens.

1968 K20 fleet
1969 K10 swb fleet
1972 K10 Suburban
1972 C10 lwb step
1992 K1500 'burb
1995 K2500 'burb
1997 C1500 'burb
1999 K1500
2000 K1500 'burb

Why do I own so many Suburbans?
ckhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:20 PM   #7
ccsrcr

I think I will start by filing a complaint with the BBB in the area. I guess if anything I am going to try an spread the word so people are informed when dealing with this company. I wish I would have known before hand.