The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
LandonL

Pictures of voltage regulator?

Does anyone have any pictures of the stock voltage regulator setup, as in where everythings mounted etc, I know the mounting location for it is straightforward but I need to know wires & grounding locations etc... So any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks!

---| 1967 GMC Stepside |--
250 L6 .030 over

---| 1985 Porsche 944/1 |---

Build Thread: '67 GMC
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=378640
LandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Pictures of voltage regulator?

This is it.
Attached Images

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

I removed this in response to the VetteVet post. The last thing I ever want to do is be unfair. Or hijack. I was just trying to add to the conversation. Best to remove it? Done.
But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 10-16-2010 at 11:46 AM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Perfect place to ask this: (A little info first....) I got the 71 in chunks. it was running an HEMI dist. I'm going to keep that dist. It also ran a one wire alternator on regular
old-school 350 brackets.

I'm going to run a 3-wire alt on a later model stock-style serpentene bracket set up (see pic) with a '68 cab. Under hood wiring for the '71 running 1 wire alt is all there
(or at least it was until today), with a clump cut out. I assume when the P.O de-ball'ed the voltage regulator (okay, "disemboweled").

I stripped the clip today of everything except the inners, rad. support, and fenders. So, the wiring came out in a chunk.

Assuming everything was working before the disassembly, which I have to.... even though I didn't drive her......what do I have to play with with this engine-bay wiring
loom considering the 3-wire. BTW, I'm only going with the three wire alternator because it is almost new, it fits the serpentene set up, and because I have it (the alt).

Also, it seems strange to run that fused block way on the passenger's front sive of the engine compartment. Is that because of wanting to limit the length of the hot wire?
It would be a lot cleaner to run it over by where the horn is. And where the P.O. left the body of the unused regulator, still attached to the rad core support. Of course, there
"is" that nice little indent in the sheet metal that GM made just for it.

I can get pics of the wiring clump I pulled tomorrow.
Actually it isn't. You should be over in the electrical forum. You aren't being fair to Landon, because you're hi-jacking his thread. You should copy your post and start a thread in the electrical forum and paste it in your first post with the picture. Meanwhile I'll refer you to this thread over there, http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=422031

It may answer your question,but if not then we'll get you fixed in the new thread you start. These problems can get fairly complicated and long and drawn out so it's better to have your own thread than to try to answer it in some one else's thread.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote