The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Indyuke

Yikes!

Gotta be careful when asking probing questions when on the phone with LMCtruck. The rep got upset at me when I asked her about who makes the parts they sell and whether they have many good reviews about them. She couldn't answer either question, so I pressed her as to where I could find the customer reviews on LMCtruck products. She didn't likey!

So, I'm interested in rebuilding the front end of my 70 c10, and I like the fact that LMCtruck includes a seemingly full set of components for the front, including springs and sway bar bushings AND some rear suspension pieces for what looks like a reasonable price. I also looked at Early classic, and while their quality is impeccable, their kit includes less components and it costs more.

My real question is: while I know the quality of LMCtruck's stuff is on the lower end, does it at least meet OEM quality parts or does it fall way short? Where do they get their stuff? Does anyone have any experience with their suspension components? Please chime in.
Convince me that:
1) LMCtruck's quality is so horrible I would be money ahead to buy a complete front and back kit from ECE or someone else at double the cost.
2) or LMCtruck's quality is actually fairly good, and if I'm not going to be using the truck for drifting or cross-country racing, their stuff will do just fine.
3) or, though it's more time consuming, it would be better cost AND quality wise, to go down the the auto parts store and put together a kit myself.

There. Somewhat wordy, but now you've got something to get your opinion started.
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
cdowns

Re: Yikes!

you'd b alot better off supporting your local businessmen and not paying shipping on readily available stuff you can buy local from your neighbors
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Shane
Account Suspended

if you're talking ball joints, tie rods, pitman arms, etc ... as cdowns noted, you're better off buying name brand parts (Moog, TRW, etc) from a local supplier.

if you are talking about lowering components then you should ONLY be looking at parts manufactured and sold by ECE.

LMC doesn't make anything, they are simply a reseller. buy low. sell high.

Last edited by Shane; 10-21-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
CE20934

Location: Help! I'm in an office park with its own network of freeways!

LMC sells a name brand you've probably never heard of: 555 Parts. It's Chinese and it's crap. Like cdowns & Shane said, stick with a local parts house and get GOOD parts from them.
CE20934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
packers05

chinese is crap plain and simple I have come to the point that if a blue point tool is made in taiwan I know it to be better than the chinese made tool, so sad!!!! I dont get that they can knock off everything except actual quality but when and if they do get that figured out we americans are in deep trouble!
packers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Hubscrub
Cruzin

X3 local parts house

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
packrat42

X4 on the local part store. One more advantge is most everything has a lifetime warranty, and no shipping

...............................____
.................________-|___\____
..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|
Old 10-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
70cst

I believe we are one in mind. Now thats scary.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Todd68Chevy

I am a service manager and deal with these parts every day. I recommend local parts stores BUT only their PREMIUM LINE PARTS. I mainly deal with MOOG and AC DELCO which have lifetime warranty. The local stores around me have an economy line also but they are junk.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
Indyuke

Thanks guys! I decided to go with Master Pro parts. All the reviews say they're probably not as good as moog, though their quality is about equal to OEM and they've got a lifetime warranty. =)
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #11
keanevann

I agree with CE20934..... they sell 555 and they are CRAP
keanevann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #12
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

ECE Is great and so is bannana parts (ASK FOR TIM CHRISTIAN)! (Also a board vendor/member) He is on the East coast in VA

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 AM   #13
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Just a quick comment but one I feel needs be made.You are talking about suspension parts.That's like building a million dollar home on cinder blocks to use cheap crap.Your life and those who ride with you and drive around you are relying on what you use to build your suspension with.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
Spoof

I've found the vendor sells what they can get. A vendor who knows their product, such as Wes, can steer you in the right direction when it comes to fit and quality.
I 've used LMC, Classic heartbeat and Early Classic Enterprises. The only vendor I've stopped using is ECE simply because they won't answer repeated inquiries via email. Even when it's just a shipping cost on a $1000 part!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Ill also mention you have two board vendors with quality reps here in your area. PICKMUP (Frank) and Classic Hearbeat (Wes) they deal in everything for our trucks. Both are down in Olympia only an hour and a half drive or so from Marysville. Or probably pretty close to next day UPS shipping.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #16
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

The only thing good about LMC is their catalogs
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyuke View Post
Gotta be careful when asking probing questions when on the phone with LMCtruck. The rep got upset at me when I asked her about who makes the parts they sell and whether they have many good reviews about them. She couldn't answer either question, so I pressed her as to where I could find the customer reviews on LMCtruck products. She didn't likey!

So, I'm interested in rebuilding the front end of my 70 c10, and I like the fact that LMCtruck includes a seemingly full set of components for the front, including springs and sway bar bushings AND some rear suspension pieces for what looks like a reasonable price. I also looked at Early classic, and while their quality is impeccable, their kit includes less components and it costs more.

My real question is: while I know the quality of LMCtruck's stuff is on the lower end, does it at least meet OEM quality parts or does it fall way short? Where do they get their stuff? Does anyone have any experience with their suspension components? Please chime in.
Convince me that:
1) LMCtruck's quality is so horrible I would be money ahead to buy a complete front and back kit from ECE or someone else at double the cost.
2) or LMCtruck's quality is actually fairly good, and if I'm not going to be using the truck for drifting or cross-country racing, their stuff will do just fine.
3) or, though it's more time consuming, it would be better cost AND quality wise, to go down the the auto parts store and put together a kit myself.

There. Somewhat wordy, but now you've got something to get your opinion started.
My experience with LMC is that their Customer Service reps can efficiantly place an order, but are NOT Knowledgable on anything else but order taking.
I ordered a Cowl Hood from them a year ago. Paid about $525.00 (with shipping). It arrived with many dents. I called LMC and they said to get an estimate from a Body Shop to repair it and they would send me a check. (They also offered me a Refund or to ship another hood, but time was a factor). The estimate ended up being around $650.00. So they sent me a check for $200.00. That was fine because the Truck was going into the Body Shop anyway. Earlier this year, my Mechanic suggested that I buy one of these, "All-In-One" Front End Kits, (Ball Joints, Tie Rods ect), only to find out from the great people HERE, is that's because thier parts are made in China/Asia ect.
I suggest you pop for extra $$ and buy Front End products from "Moog", but thats just MY .02 cents worth.
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote