The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
helldiablo

Smile brake question?

hello guys, it has been a while since i posted anything, usually i dont need to, i can just look at other threads and find my answer(usually). well anywho i havent had any luck with this question. so here it goes..

i have 78' chevy 1/2ton VAN. i was wondering if i could use all the a arms, spindles, rotors,ect.. and all that good stuff. on a 70' c10. i know it can be done from a pick up,(i did it on my 69') and the parts look the same as a 73-78' truck, except the steering box(witch i dont need).. i got this van for $100. and drove it home... i got it mainly for the motor/trans (454/400) .. only 40,000 orignal miles!!.. but i was figuring if i could use the other parts SCORE. if not its cool too..

thanks for everything guys.. by the way i love this site great group of fellas.. have a swell day, Hell

Oh, p.s. can any one with drop spindles post a pic(on and/or off truck) for me please, i saw a few but they looked different then what mine has.. i appericiate it very very much..
helldiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Rooster's 67

Re: brake question?

All the front suspension parts will work except the box (you already mentioned not using) I am running 83 van on my 67.
good luck
Rooster's 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
helldiablo

Re: brake question?

awsome i was hoping i could i wasent 100% sure tho, thank you again. i still need pics of drop spindle set ups if you guys can help me out, thanks again.. Hell
helldiablo is offline   Reply With Quote