The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
tdp67

Should I replace the doors?

Just wondering what it would cost to replace the doors on the 67 before I paint the truck. I am seeing some rust flakes coming from the inside at the weep holes on the front of the under side of both doors. In fact they were clogged a bit til I unclogged them with a key. The wing window on the pass side is not from a 67 and is dinged a bit. The rubber needs to be re-done on both. I am seeing a little bubbling on the bottom rear corner on the drivers side door under the current repaint. The window is a little rough rolling up and down on the drivers door. Is it worth the investment in new doors before a nice paint job? Where would I find them at a decent price?
tdp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Sammy

Re: Should I replace the doors?

Internal workings of the door can be done after the paint along with the rubber. The hardest thing to answer is if they need to be replaced. That all depends on whats hiding under the repaint and the amount of bondo and previous repairs. Also if your game on reskinning etc. Finding decent original doors is always a better choice over repops. Arizona or Ca. are good areas for finding them. Price wise over repair to your doors depends on your ability too.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote