The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
1972k5blazer

Paint Options On A 69 cst ?

Can someone help me find a picture of what my 69 cst blazer would have looked like new ? Its original paint under the primer or looks to be anyways! The body is hugger orange but not sure if it was called that in 69 or not and i understand the windshield frame being white to match the white top but the cowl is white and in the door jambs you can see there was some kind of white that ran down the side . I dont have the original hood for it so i was wondering if there was some kind of white on the hood . Any pics of a factory blazer that would look like this ? Thanks
Attached Images

1972k5blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
Erik V

Re: Paint Options On A 69 cst ?

I could easily be mistaken being I was born 6 years after the demise of this gen of truck...

...but I didnt think the two-tone paint came on the Blazer/Jimmy platform from the factory. At least not the way your pics show. The windshield frame should have been body color, the only white should have been at the bottom body contour where the wood grain molding mounts. The top would have been white or black only (and I think 69's were body colored inside the tops, whereas all other years they were white inside regardless of black outside).

My family had a 69 Blazer for a while, orange/white, everything was orange except the top itself (exterior only). We were the 3rd owner, and the original owner was a friend of mine's dad-so the paint hadnt been messed with.

Scroll through the pics sections, well worth the browse, and you'll see lots of stock/restos that show good paint schemes.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote