The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
bloodybigblock

84- BIG DROP,BIG BLOCK,daily driver ;-))

The day i bought it! it came with the 454 that was pulled out of an older RV. The motor doesn't seem to have any miles on it because it never smokes and runs great. It has a newly rebuilt turbo350 and 3.08 gears which are perfect for my driving. I bought it with 4.11 gears and changed rear ends when i did my drop.
Attached Images

bloodybigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
bloodybigblock

Re: 84- BIG DROP,BIG BLOCK,daily driver ;-))

i thought i got a great deal when i bought the truck but the frame was bent and the fender was made of bondo lol. the 1st things i did to the truck was the 20" boss 338 wheels, k&N, phantom grill,and x pipe exhaust with headers.the true dual exhaust and old air filter were junk because i changed them at the same time and the 454 CAME TO LIFE!!!! The paint may look good in pics but needed paint bad so i did some work to change that!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
bloodybigblock

This is a pic after i lowered it. I put all belltech suspension under it! I did a flip kit in the rear and did 3"spindles and 1" springs in front with nitro2 drop shocks! I also welded in the notch! In the process of doing the drop, I had a guy call me and want to trade me his NEW boss 313 22s for my 20s........so i traded! the 5 spoke wheels are getting to popular. Im trying to build a street rod style truck but i also wanna stay different.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
bloodybigblock

Next i had it painted HOT ROD FLATZ 56' corvette red! It may look good in pics but its orange and not red and the guy i paid a thousand dollars to do it screwed me over and did a crappy job, he says he will redo the whole thing but i don't need anyone messing up my bodywork i spent days on! more recent pics will show all the bodywork i've done with the help of my dad! I'm not to mad at the ex-friend who screwed me over because payback is a mofo!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
bloodybigblock

Here are some pics of the last few weeks! i bought more parts! I bought a front and rear roll pan and a dual cowl hood. I also took my inner fenderwells out,changed a fender,and had my frame straitened. i purchased valve covers and bought 3" springs and 2" shackles to drop it 2 more inches(not installed) here are some pics
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Gordonr1973
Home Built '87

That's alot of work you've done!!! It is going to look great!!

1998 White Chev ext cab 2WD (Summer Project) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=408424
1987 Chev Silverado SWB (Winter Project Rebuild) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424833
Truck Club http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=466969
Gordonr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
bloodybigblock

Here are some more with the rollpan molded in! The truck is all in gray primer right now! I'd take a pics but im actually sittin in the hospital killing time till my better half actually goes in labor and has our little girl! So ill take pics soon. Im going to wet sand it and have tan primer on it or may go ahead and get it painted. I ordered Hot Rod Flatz blood red a month ago and im ready to see it painted! i think i still may shave the handles and tailgate....unsure yet!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
bloodybigblock

HERE IS THE BEST PART! I like the hot rod look and i think the drop,hood and nasty BBC sound that i can choose any wheels and still have a hot rod look so.........................i ordered a set of 20" black KMC rockstars with a custom offset that will tuck with the 6/7 drop!!!!! If you have not seen these wheels on a 2wd then you have no idea how good they look! They make your truck look bulletproof!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
bloodybigblock

thanks gordon, i hope it does because it seems to cost a fortune lol! once i get my paint finished then i need a few interior pieces then ill rebuild the motor! i don't want anything to crazy! i also am going to put my A/C back on and have a nice drivable street truck
Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
CuRtdOgG

Man our trucks are strikingly similar! I love it dude its gonna look.so clean. What are you doing with your old wheels?
Posted via Mobile Device
CuRtdOgG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
bloodybigblock

@curt! ive been trying to sell them on craigslist but no one has come thru with the money! I guess if i cant sell them then ill keep them to use on another project.I love the wheels but they wont fit under a 6" front drop so i need to go 20s!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
bloodybigblock

Primered up and wet sanded the truck. I need to wash it off and take some better pics in the sun. The god part is that this pic does not do justice. The truck looks mean and i like mean! I decided to use mt grill trim instead of shaving it,i think i made a right choice.
(also the front driver side sits up 1.5" higher because i didnt put the spring in the pocket like i thought i did. When i put on the 3" springs the front driver side will drop 3.5" so you can imagine how low that will be. ;-))

I will take more pictures this weekend of it wet sanded and re-primed with all the lights in and trim on!
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #13
CuRtdOgG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybigblock View Post
Primered up and wet sanded the truck. I need to wash it off and take some better pics in othe sun. The god part is that this pic does not do justice. The truck looks mean and i like mean! I decided to use mt grill trim instead of shaving it,i think i made a right choice.
(also the front driver side sits up 1.5" higher because i didnt put the spring in the pocket like i thought i did. When i put on the 3" springs the front driver side will drop 3.5" so you can imagine how low that will be. ;-))

I will take more pictures this weekend of it wet sanded and re-primed with all the lights in and trim on!
How much u selling them for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #14
CuRtdOgG

Are you going to leave it n primer ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #15
bloodybigblock

They are almost new so imma sell for $900 and i think im gonna leave it in primer! I am highly considering shaving the handles,the tailgate, and all the lights! im thinking of putting yellow 10" l.e.ds on the front roll pan to use for turn signals and then put 10" l.e.ds on the rear roll pan! I think itll give it a very clean look! Thats the thought right now but once i put another coat of primer and put the lights in and see how it looks! Me and my ol lady(im 24 and shes 22) just had our 2nd kid monday so imma wait till this weekend to do everything so ill post up pics and u can tell me what u think!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 AM   #16
CuRtdOgG

Nice... my next thing is wheels and paint...! I'm 24 also
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #17
bloodybigblock

When u buy wheels,id ask what the offset or backspacing is. With the drop me and you have, we cant run 22s without a higher offset of backspacing. Where are u gonna buy wheels? If u go on a limb and buy em new then check out elite-wholesale.com! It really aggravates me that my wheels are that nice and they cant tuck the front enough without hittin the fender over a bump, and thats with the 4" front drop! Anyway,if u find a wheel i can figure out your BS or offset so u wont be set up for failure!
Old 08-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
CuRtdOgG

Thumbs up Re: 84- BIG DROP,BIG BLOCK,daily driver ;-))

I think I'm gonna go with some 20" boss 330 or 335 black with.the polished lip. I like them both but yeah what offset would i need...and I would run 22"s I just dont want it to affect.the ride.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #19
bloodybigblock

Id run 20s too! If you run a 20x8.5 then id run between a 14mm and 40mm! I figured it up and I ordered the 20x8.5 rockstars with the 35mm offset because it will tuck the wheel about an inch and a half more! The boss 335s in 20s are cheap on that website and I think they come in a high offset pattern too! They should work perfect for ya and look damn good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #20
CuRtdOgG

Sweet I will check them out what are they about 200 a wheel?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
CuRtdOgG

mRe: 84- BIG DROP,BIG BLOCK,daily driver ;-))

Post a pic of the rockstars you ordered..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #22
bloodybigblock

http://search.elites-wholesale.com/advancedsearch.php

use that link man! put in 20-8.5-14-50-5x5-black

look thru these few pages of wheels and u can find some with high offset! if i were you id run 30ish mm wheels so they will clear the front! Those blk DIP heat are only 165 per wheel and has a 30mm offset so itll tuck perfect! I have a pic of these on a c10 and they look sweet! Anyway this is the cheapest place to find wheels so maybe itll help you! If u call them they can also check to see of how many offsets a certain wheel can come in...example a kmc rockstar 20 can come in 10 and 35 so id run 35s up front and 10s in the rear
Old 08-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #23
bloodybigblock

here is a pic of the DIP HEAT wheels and a flat black truck with a 7" drop! The other two trucks have the rockstars, ive only seen one c10 with rockstars and the trucks wasnt even really custom or lowered! what ya think of the DIP and ROCKS?????
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #24
CuRtdOgG

Those are sick dude...I think I want them now! The dips..... and the rocks will be tight...and no1 has them....you got them ordered already? What was shipping like?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #25
bloodybigblock

Yea I got em ordered, shipping is like $80 but if u get tires then they will cut u a deal! If u went with the dips you'd pay about $1200 for wheels,tires,and lugs! If u just bought the wheels then you'd pay prolly pay $725 shipped to your house! I paid 1004$ for my rockstars shipped

Another thing, my buddy and I are gonna 2k primer my truck this weekend and I'm thinking BLACk so that'll make are trucks pretty damn identical lol.....u just need rockstars too haha
Posted via Mobile Device