The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
CrazyJesster

stuck in a rough spot

ok im kind of in a tuff spot here not sure what path to take.

ive been lookin for another square to buy shortbed ive got one thats down. right now and needs some work but i really dont have the place to do so. at this point and time i mena laying in grassburs isnt fun heh. i had bought an 84 short bed back in march but it didnt suit me. and was a big problem so it got a good home to a dad an son. im glad i could do something for a dad an son to work on something together.

anyway i know people cant make my decisions for me. but maybe give good pointers and tips.

so im havin hell finding another swb to buy i find alot of longbeds but ehh im not into them. i would like to own another one along with the one i got. the one i have now needs some work to get running an driveable. id like to find one i can buy thats running driveable an to mess with some. then do a frme off restro on my 1982 which was my first ride.

but now im thinking im having issues finding anything just going ahead an maybe. and start working on the 82 swb putting hte motor back in it and new windshiled an stuff. needs tires and powersteering pump windshiled interior work etc.. and im not even sure my 400sb is going to last heh just dont have faith in it for some reason.

ive had people txt me an cal me with longbeds or shotbeds that are just junk and even a junky 85 stepside. i missed out on a 78 step side which kinda upset me but oh well.

not having the place to work on the 82 is a kicker. i dont know many people with shops n stuff.

so should i continue looking or start ordering parts or??

ive got 1500 cash to my name right now eaither way i got a good start.
towards buying a decent truck or getting parts for the 82

i think if i did the 82 i would be much more proud of the truck cause i did the work.

but i dunno what are some suggestions if any
Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
sethv

Re: stuck in a rough spot

If I had the money to buy parts and fix my truck, that's the route I would take.

The main reason I am in that mind set is because I always feared that if I were to get something else to drive for the meanwhile, will end up being "the money pit" and somehow, all the money that was supposed to go into the project ends up in the other ride.

And I do agree, if you did all the work for your '82 then it would make it so much better for you, as you can say "Heck yeah! I did all that by myself!" (That's what keeps me going on my truck although it's all sorts of messed up right now and not drivable)
sethv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJesster View Post

anyway i know people cant make my decisions for me.

but i dunno what are some suggestions if any
Sure we can. We do it everyday right here on these forums.

I'm with Seth. Fix the one you've got, a little at a time if you have to but get it driveable first. You don't need two money pits at once.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

i can think of a site supporter who has two trucks on the lower end of very good trucks..you could cehck out our classifieds here

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
VegasBruce

I'm with everyone else, why buy more problems? There are a lot of nice trucks here built outside in the dirt. Just get a refrigerator box or a sheet of plywood to lay on under the truck. Just made it steer, stop and go safely, then you can do the cosmetics a little at a time. When its done you can stand back and say "look what I did."

73 Stepside, 74 Blazer, 75 1 Ton, 66 Barracuda and a 05 Electraglide DD

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Rusti192-1.jpg
VegasBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
CrazyJesster

yeah i would like to get the motor and tranny back in it. and get it running and moveable . then i can deal with the interior an such
Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
CrazyJesster

thanks for the help guys ive decided to get the 82 running. now that comes with decisions decisions heh. such as engines and other things hmm what to do now heh