The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
Dayon68

New member with a story and questions

Well I will start out by saying hi to everyone. I acquired my recent find by accident or maybe we can call it luck. I have a buddy restoring a GMC panel and went with him to pickup another truck he was going to use for parts. As we were loading it i spotted what appeared to be a 70 SWB Chevy accross the road in the field. He stated he was going to take it to the crusher. I poped the hood , motor and tranny were gone but saw an AC box, power brakers and power streering pump. The interior was intact by what I could tell with all the spare parts stacked in it. We agreed on a price probably a little less than what it would have brought at the scrap yard and he thru in a trans. Went back to pick it up 2 weeks later to pick it up. We went thru the parts which included many interior parts to another truck and noticed the GMC Custom emblem on the glove box. After futher inspection it seems someone had converted it into a Chevy. I dropped the glove box to look at the SPID and saw alot of options. Have not uploaded any picks yet but will list the options. I had a few questions I will ask after I list.

584 WHITE/MED GOLD/WHITE
625 GOLD VINYL CUSTOM TRIM
A11 TINTED GLASS
C60 AIR CONITIONING-ALL
LS9 350 CU IN V-8 ENG
N40 POWER STEERING
P47 15X5.50 WHEEL
U63 RADIO-PUSH BUTTON
Z17 CUSTOM APPEARANCE OPT
Z84 CUSTOM SPORT TRUCK
B93 DOOR EDGE GUARDS
DG4 WEST COAST MIRROR-JR-
J70 BRAKE BOOSTER EQUIP
M38 TURBO HYDRA-MATIC
P03 CHROME HUBCAPS
U16 TACHOMETER
VF1 CHROME BUMPER REAR
Z17 GRANDE

Seems to be a heavily optioned truck. The buckets and console are gone and a bench seat, I assume, from the Chevy donor truck is in it. How do I determine the color the seats were? The carpet is Gold but there is a white door panel on one door. Also why is the Z17 code listed twice with different discriptions?

Thanks Greg
Dayon68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
stomper

Re: New member with a story and questions

Sounds neat! Can't wait to see pix.