The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
gpat@earthlink.net

72 blazer measurements

I need someone to measure the width between the door pillars and the width between the rear tailgate pillars. My rear fenders are cut loose and i am trying to get back right.Have replaced complete rear bed and all supports. Also rear wheel splash guards and wheel housings. Thanks for assistance Pat.
gpat@earthlink.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
DARIO1

Re: 72 blazer measurements

My dimensions are 65 1/2 to both the front and the rear pillars, inside measurement. It may be too late but once you do take/have the measurements tack weld brace bars from front cab to pillars and rear brace bars across gate opening to maintain the measurement you have. this will ensure the body does not flex/settle and while you are welding it all together and it willl not change the dimensions. This needs to be done (now) after you replace the bed portion and loosely bolt it up to the new fenders. I guess another question would be is it off the frame or on the frame? Let me know how it goes and try to post some pictures of where you are at in the build as it may help a little. Good luck.
DARIO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
gpat@earthlink.net

Re: 72 blazer measurements

My top is still on in the original place. Doors are still on and all is pretty stable. Have put new bed floor in and i am squaring up Tail gate opening now. Thank for your input. Pat
gpat@earthlink.net is offline   Reply With Quote