The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

A shame these people can't be honest

Went to look at a "restored" 70 SWB 400, here is the link http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2769860455.html
First of all it has a small block 400 in it "all original" except the SPID says 396 and we know it didn't come with a small block 400. Didn't come with a 700r4 either.
No rust...except the bottom exterior of both doors.
Profesional paint work...if you like runs in your paint. And a spray-in bed liner.
No bondo ever...except for the driver's bedside, where the big crack is.

We went with the intent on buying this thing if it was what he said it was...it wasn't.
Oh well.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
Old 12-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
black_sheep454

Re: A shame these people can't be honest

Sadly this story is told more often than not. It's a shame too, looks like a nice truck in the pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
1988 chevy 1-ton crew cab 2wd waiting for a 12v cummins
Old 12-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

When people like us show up with guns and large sums of money armed with magnets and flashlights you think they would learn. I told the guy he was going to have serious problems "when the heavy hitters show up".
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
cdowns

when i read that ad i knew it was not even worth a phone call because of all the lies in his writeup
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 12-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

We knew it was BS too but had to check it out...just in case.
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Old 12-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
WAAF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
Went to look at a "restored" 70 SWB 400, here is the link http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2769860455.html
First of all it has a small block 400 in it "all original" except the SPID says 396 and we know it didn't come with a small block 400. Didn't come with a 700r4 either.
No rust...except the bottom exterior of both doors.
Profesional paint work...if you like runs in your paint. And a spray-in bed liner.
No bondo ever...except for the driver's bedside, where the big crack is.

We went with the intent on buying this thing if it was what he said it was...it wasn't.
Oh well.
shame on you for bashing this..
1) the the ad isn't miss leading.. not at all.. looking at the photo's anyone can see it's not original..
2) my truck has cracked paint.. and no bondo.. just to much paint on the panel..
3) if the owner pay a pro to paint it he might not know they used bondo..
4)some need to remember not everyone knows what is or isn't correct on these..
if you went down to look at that, after all the photo's in that ad that clearly states what's on it now either in the words or photos(1000 words each)
thats no one fault but your own..
I'm not a pro on whats what on these, but cragars and the radio and 700r4 are dead gimmies that its not 100% original..
what original to you might be different to the guy place'n that ad, hell he might not know any better.
to some original is factory down to the hose clamps and tire air..
looks like a fairly nice truck.. but sounds like you're looking for perfect.. B/J or russo's might be better for what you want..
Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
OhOneWS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAAF View Post
shame on you for bashing this..
1) the the ad isn't miss leading.. not at all.. looking at the photo's anyone can see it's not original..
2) my truck has cracked paint.. and no bondo.. just to much paint on the panel..
3) if the owner pay a pro to paint it he might not know they used bondo..
4)some need to remember not everyone knows what is or isn't correct on these..
if you went down to look at that, after all the photo's in that ad that clearly states what's on it now either in the words or photos(1000 words each)
thats no one fault but your own..
I'm not a pro on whats what on these, but cragars and the radio and 700r4 are dead gimmies that its not 100% original..
what original to you might be different to the guy place'n that ad, hell he might not know any better.
to some original is factory down to the hose clamps and tire air..
looks like a fairly nice truck.. but sounds like you're looking for perfect.. B/J or russo's might be better for what you want..
X2. Well said.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
71 super

WAAF - I personally dont believe it is bashing if you call bs ,bs. If you are going to say original or restored it better be what you say. There is nothing worse than going to look at something with the expectation of a person being as good as their word and looking at a piece of junk that they are trying to tell you is apple butter. I am sorry but even the least informed person knows what is there, they dont have any problem typing or saying the indicator words that would make a person want to look. There is no excuse for not being informed in the age that we live in. I promise even the least experienced purchaser of these trucks does some research to find problem areas...
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
WAAF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 super View Post
WAAF - I personally dont believe it is bashing if you call bs ,bs. If you are going to say original or restored it better be what you say. There is nothing worse than going to look at something with the expectation of a person being as good as their word and looking at a piece of junk that they are trying to tell you is apple butter. I am sorry but even the least informed person knows what is there, they dont have any problem typing or saying the indicator words that would make a person want to look. There is no excuse for not being informed in the age that we live in. I promise even the least experienced purchaser of these trucks does some research to find problem areas...
look at the ad, look .. anyone on this site can see it's not original..
this was a bash thread nothing more..
not my truck so I don't care..
sad that the title is about people being better people.. then the post..
sad...
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

I'm with WAAF on this one. Clearly the C/L knob doesn't know what is or is not original on these trucks or actually does, but is hoping for a buyer that doesn't. Nonetheless, being a person who knows what they're looking at- it is easy to tell that this is not an original truck. Just because the dude didn't expressly say that it's been resto-modded, the wheels, exhaust, engine, seat, tailgate band, radio, bedliner, radiator cover, tinted glass, etc, etc, etc would have clued me in. Nonetheless, if I was looking for a 100% factory original restoration- I wouldn't have even wasted my time driving out to this truck...but if you liked the overall package and it was done decently- 12.5k may not be that far out of reasonable....you could always offer less and see what shakes out.

Thats my $.02
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Rochlow

I'm with WAAF also.. Just the pictures alone indicate that this truck is far from original. The owner seems pretty proud of his restoration project and may not be as well versed as some of the members on this board.

However, I think you'd be hard pressed to build this truck for $12,500. For someone that wants a turn key truck to drive around in, this looks to be a decent one.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
70shortfleet

Nice looking truck but I'm having a hard time with that 5700 original miles with whats been done to the truck
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #13
OhOneWS6

Pretty obvious from the pics it's not original. Small block, Camaro steering wheel, silver ash tray, cloth seat, grey inner fenders, cheap braided hose cover, late model emblem on the glove box, body color dash cluster with add on red light and painted over labels, after market radio, non original sport mirrors, black antenna, after market brake bias valve etc...etc...etc...
Old 12-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #14
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Closed Thread