The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
IAFF2407

3 gal tank

I'm looking for an aluminum 3 gal tank, approx. 8" X 24 - 28 ". BUT I'm mounting this under my bed of a '72 Burb so I want to have the drain on the bottom (which is the "top" according to the tanks I've found online) Anyone know of one, or a company who will weld a port and test it? So far all the companies purchase off shore and aren't willing to add the port.

thx,
Al.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
canadian trucker
A day should have 30 hours.

Re: 3 gal tank

Al,

Give the guys at OverKill Performance a shout, they are the ones building my truck.
info@overkillperformance dot ca

They deal with AVS. ( http://www.avsontheweb.com/home.php?cat=327 )

Instead of welding a new port onto it they can just rotate the brakets, or make you a set of custom cradle brackets to mount the tank. (that would be cheaper)

Just my 0.02 cents
canadian trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Pro Performance

Re: 3 gal tank

We have that same aluminum tank as well, and moving the brackets is an option that would put the drain on the bottom. Or we can get you the AccuAir tank, which has the drain port angled on a 45. You can virtually mount it any way you want, and the drain will still be functional. That is what I recommend for your application. You will pay a little more for the AccuAir tank, but it will have what you need. It might end up being the same cost if you had one modified, etc.

It is about the same physical size as the link below. The mounting is different, as it just has closed off bungs for mounts.... no "legs". Just need to drill 2 holes and it is mounted. Instead of 1/2" ports on the end, it has 3/8". Also has one more additional 1/8" port on the body of the tank, next to the drain.

http://www.azproperformance.com/3-Ga...-Air-Tank.html
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote