The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
wenschevy

My 72 C 10 project

I recently purchased a 72 C-10 Cheyenne Super. It has a 28k crate motor (LM-1 350) with a 128k body with an automatic. Very little rust for what my dad and I have seen and looked at. We are doing this as a project together. It will be my daily driver. I will be posting some pics later. Its a St. Louis built truck. This weekend we are replacing a bad fuel pump, thermostat, belts, and checking for a possible bad booster or master cylinder. It has brakes but feels like the booster is bad. It has a edelbrock carb which is ok but my dad is a Buick guy and loves the Q-jet. So its going away. Looking at exhaust options at this point because its glass packs with dumps underneath the bed and the highway drone is awful. It has stock manifolds and we are thinking of just a good duel with stock manifolds. Maybe a local exhaust place or a kit. We have been shopping the forum vendors for a booster, master cylinder combo with the proportioning valve. All input is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Wen
Attached Images

wenschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
wenschevy

Re: My 72 C 10 project

So new fuel pump, thermostat, oil and filter, fuel lines......Discovered vacuum line coming outa carb was bent all to heck so no vacuum to booster
So seems brake booster and master cylinder work but rear reservoir was dry. So rear brakes with new wheel cylinders and shoes for next weekend. Poor ol truck just needs some TLC....

Wen
wenschevy is offline   Reply With Quote