The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

Chassis swap questions

Hey yall,

First off this is not for my truck. Second im in need of a frame swap so i was thinking of sacraficing my 98 burbs chassis to donate to a 70 lwb for a friend main question is has this been done if so how hard is it or would it be ?
Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Chassis swap questions

I'm sure it's been done somewhere... it's going to be a pretty involved process with some custom fab work needed.

Aren't you suppsoed to be cruisin' around with your buddies at the burger joint?

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

all my town has to offer is bars ...literally my town has a pop. of 256 people with 8 bars a gas station a truck stop a high priced restraunt an a post office haha so im out helpin friends an family build there projects , This one sorta has to do with me cause its a present for my long time girlfriend ...i know its crazy but im not losing money on it so why no haha
Old 05-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
Square_78

Gunna be a LOT of work. You would be better off finding a 67-72 long bed chassis and not use that $10 suburban you bought. Going to be a nightmare of body mounts and making the thing all bolt together and be safe. Why take the body off that other truck to put on a suburban frame? Just fix up that existing truck and give it to her. Sounds like you are creating a LOT of unnecessary work for yourself. Or fix that suburban and throw a motor into it. Not trying to discourage you or anything but it just seems like the wrong way to do things.
Posted via Mobile Device

"I refuse to go disc brakes. I actually love drum brakes. It makes for an adventure." - 50bomb

1978 Chevy shop truck - static 6/8"
1970 GMC 1500 - Accuair eLevel Resto-mod http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=537497
Square_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

well really im tryin to kill 2 birds with one stone i need to get rid of the burb it aint got no title and it has a good frame i have a title for the 70 chevy but its got a cut up bent chassis. but i might just look for a swb chassis aint no sence in a longbed if she aint gonna use it haha i understaand your helpin me out an i thank you for that