The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
bojak

Interior questions and vendor feed back

I am redoing my interior currently and was looking for some feed back on a couple of things. My interior was blue and I have been converting to black. I have decided re-dying the seatbelts is a no go so I am shopping for seat belts. Has anyone used the 3 point retractable with the shoulder extension on them? It is a separate section that mounts in the shoulder area and drops the pivot point on the seatbelt to supposedly make them more comfortable. My question is does it actually make them more comfortable? I can get a lot cheaper option without it. The originals didn't have it.

Next question is vendor related. Has anyone bought belts from Light-pros.com? If so are they decent? There prices are good, but I am scared a little too good if you know what I mean.

3rd question is related to dash. I stumbled across a new product in LMC that is a white face gauge overlay kit. I didn't really think white gauges in these trucks would work from an aesthetics standpoint. But it got me looking and they do make the same type kit in several color selections. I am actually thinking the silver gauge face kit might look good. Has anyone done this? How did it turn out? I am not sure about this but wanted to see if anyone had done it.

Last question is Back to seat belts. I have a crew, so I am buying 4 of the 3 point retractable for the corners. I am not going to spend the money on a center seat belt up front but in the rear center seat location should I do a 2 point retractable or just a 2 point fixed? Again trying to save a buck.

Also I guess my last question would technically make my truck a 2+3 instead of the 3+3? Sorry for the corny joke.
bojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
INSIDIOUS '86

Re: Interior questions and vendor feed back

I can answer the gauges question. First off lmc gets it from someone else do I prob would pay the lmc tax haha. Other places on the nets have these in colors and metal shades and such which is really neat.

As for putting them on they are fairly easy and fit good
Some kits you have to cut the holes for the lights and such and the graphics are "ok" but not great
Posted via Mobile Device
377 sbc thumpr cam autogear m23 muncie 3:73 Detroit trutrac
3''spintech prostreet mufflers xpipe 1 3/4 headers
build thread !http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577217
Iroc gauge threadhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554511
INSIDIOUS '86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
07XCSBZ71

You can contact Morris Classic Concepts. All they do is seatbelts.

http://www.morrisclassicconcepts.com...ruck67-72.html
07XCSBZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
dieseldawg142

i would go 2 point fixed for your center rear, pita fishin' retractables out of the seats.
i have retractable laps on the outside & a fixed in the middle on the back seat in my crew
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
bojak

Thanks dieseldawg, that is where I was going with my question. Not just for saving a buck but I was wondering if it would be a PITA anytime I needed it to fish it up through the seat. I appreciate your feedback. Are you also on ex portal? There is a guy there from chiliwack.
Insidious, have you actually done the overlay kit? If so could you post some picks.
bojak is offline   Reply With Quote