The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
TBONE1964
Cluster King

WTB Radio Speaker

Hello my friends,

I am currently looking a good working speaker to test radios with. I would prefer if it has the factory plug still on it but can work with it either way. I am not concerned about cosmetic condition as long as you know the speaker will work.

Let me know what you have and thank you in advance,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: WTB Radio Speaker

Thank you all but I am good with a speaker. I ordered one through amazon just for a test speaker. It is new so it should work and was only $8.00. perfect for my needs.

Thank you,
Tom

Old 11-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Tom, if anything should change in the future and you end up wanting a working OE factory delco 4"x10"/10-ohm dash speaker with uncut wire harness & plug, let me know. As of right now I have two guys needing refurbed speakers for their radio installs and am currently going through and will have five complete rebuilds wrapped up and ready to go by this weekend, leaving three speakers available. Cost is $95., the rebuilds get all new voice coils, new speaker cones, new spiders, remagnetized magnets and new fibre mesh covers. I have another cost option available if you already have an original delco non-working re-builder with a complete intact harness as pictured below and if you would like to get your "SAME" original sent speaker returned back, the cost would then be $35. for the parts and $40. for the labor and allow for three weeks turn around time. Have had several members over the years use these rebuilds with great results, just to give an idea of what to expect I have a couple pictured below that were sold here in the past. Let me know, Mel.
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Hi Mel,

I will keep that in mind thank you. I am going to confirm the speaker I have is non working soon and will give it to you for the shipping charge, if you need a good core to build.

It is an OE out of a pick up but either it or the radio is the problem and when I find out for sure i will let you know.

Thank you,
Tom

Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
WIDESIDE72

I bought the radio from tbone today and did not think to ask about the speaker. I may be needed a speaker from classic bowties. I will see what tbone says first.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
TBONE1964
Cluster King

PM sent