The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
72kool

what to do for interior?

I have a '72 GMC c2500 custom camper that is all orange with a white cab and bumpers. Im trying to get a list ready for the summer project and was wondering what black interior looked like in that color of trucks? anybody done it and how do you like it? also whats your opinion on keeping the rubber floor or using carpet? thanks in advanced!
72kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
Russ_the_truck79

Re: what to do for interior?

I'd say keep the rubber floor mat if its in good condition. You've gotta love the convenience of taking a hose to your interior.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
SS Tim

Re: what to do for interior?

Mostly it depends on what you want. Black was very common with either orange offered. A GMC would look like these two Chevys except the glove box door would be painted black as would the cluster face. The exception being a woodgrain uplevel truck like a Sierra Grande.
Myself I'd prefer the white/parchment look or even the orange highlander plaid with the white and black trim ($500 custom made cover).
Added in a saddle GMC shot for effect with the red orange 524, just picture anything saddle brown as black.

Rubber or carpet is a personal choice. Carpet tends to dampen noise more than a rubber mat and has padding under it too that is the bigger noise reducer.
As far as hosing out your truck, don't. The floor is not designed for that and does not have drains. All it will do is trap water. But there is a good case for rubber being much more washable than carpet come time for cleanup.
Either way you go individual rubber mats over carpet or the floor rubber gives the best washable surface.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote