The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Sean C

Clutch/Brake Assembly and Power Windows 8)

Hey guys. So I'm putting in a T56 and I'm trying to figure out this whole clutch pedal deal. I'm just confused by what can be used. Could I use something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/clutch-pedal...67e57c&vxp=mtr

or does it have to be truck specific?

A little lost here and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone used these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Power-Roll...1f76ee&vxp=mtr

Watched some youtubes and it seems incredibly simple and the price is right where I like it. My window cranks just fell right off and one of the gears (the part of the regulator where the crank attaches) is pretty beat up and I like the idea of power windows for a DD. Comments? Concerns?

Thanks guys!
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Clutch/Brake Assembly and Power Windows 8)

What year truck do you have?

I'm not quite sure just what you're asking about the clutch pedal and linkage. Are you wanting to use a manual clutch or convert to a hydraulic clutch? I do make a hydraulic clutch conversion for the '63-'66's. The parts in the ebay link are specific to the '73-'87 and will not work in a '60-'66.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Sean C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
What year truck do you have?

I'm not quite sure just what you're asking about the clutch pedal and linkage. Are you wanting to use a manual clutch or convert to a hydraulic clutch? I do make a hydraulic clutch conversion for the '63-'66's. The parts in the ebay link are specific to the '73-'87 and will not work in a '60-'66.
I'm asking what pedal assemblies will fit in the truck. 1966. Like, say that I found a clutch and brake assembly from a camaro, could that be rigged to work with the truck. I'm trying to figure out where to start looking for a clutch/brake pedal that will be most painless to install. Based on your response to the 73-87 parts, it sounds like I'll have to find parts from a 60-66.

Also, I think I would be wanting the hydraulic clutch.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Does your truck not have the pedal assembly? If not then yes, you would be best off to find a pedal assembly for a '63-'66 truck, Suburban or Panel. There would be much fabrication involved in retrofitting a pedal assembly from another vehicle. I see no advantage to doing so.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Sean C

Nope it doesn't have the assembly! Thanks for clarifying for me captain. Found the brake and clutch on eBay, but it looks like I'll still need some more parts. Looks like a great start though: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121324937388