The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
Jimbabwe

On the ground

When making grounds from engine to frame or engine to firewall, is it ok to use one mounting point to go to two other locations? Eg: using the engine mounting point to then have two grounds, one going to frame, one to the firewall, or does that not allow those two grounds to do their own thing? (even if it's the same thing)

Gratuitous pic, because we know what threads are useless without...
Attached Images

Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: On the ground

It is fine to have one point from the engine to the frame and the same point from the engine to the sheet metal. The newer trucks the 99-up are grounded that way one bolt in the back of the head two wires one to the cowl and one to the frame. The newer trucks even have a ground that goes from the cowl to the hood, I suppose it is there so that it would assure the grounding of the hood light. The ground wire on the EZ-GO golf cart I know I'm really reaching now, has a ground wire that has three lugs on it. Grounds to the frame rear and the motor. Just to assure all is covered. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote