The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Chapstr's65

Placed my order with Jeff at CPP

Just placed my order with Jeff at CPP. Disc brakes with upgraded front end stuff, 2 1/2" drop spindles, brake booster with master cylinder, 2" front drop spring, 1 1/4" sway bar, trailing arm bushings, drop shock in all four corners, and power steering kit.

Truck currently is drum all the way around. Sitting on the bump stops up front and 5" drop springs in the rear. I hope I am happy with the 4 1/2" drop up front. I wonder if I should change it to 3" drop springs?

Thanks Jeff for the help

65 SWB step-side / 383 stroker / TH350 / 4:10 gears / static drop 4 1/2" front 5" rear.
Chapstr's65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: Placed my order with Jeff at CPP

What wheels are you running?

I am running 4" drop and like it a lot.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
Chapstr's65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
What wheels are you running?

I am running 4" drop and like it a lot.
I have 15x8 rally wheels with 265/50 BFGs

65 SWB step-side / 383 stroker / TH350 / 4:10 gears / static drop 4 1/2" front 5" rear.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
forestb

5.5 inches would be vary low with a stock cross member. I have a 4.5 in drop in the front and my lower control arms scrape on speed bumps from time to time.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #5
1963c-10

Just installed a CPP kit this past weekend, although mine is stock height. I am pleased with the quality and fit of the kit I got as I've heard both good and bad. Was a breeze to install, just time consuming as I had everything painted before I started assembly.

I would mock up the spindle assemblies 1st though, as its where most people have their issues with CPP. I'd rather find out in advance than have something hold you up. Caliper to spindle is where I see most of the issues.

Keep us posted on the progress and pics!!!!
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
LVPhotos

I too took advantage of holiday free shipping on big brake kit for my 62. Now time for the master cylinder.
LVPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
donthekawguy

Just got mine back on some junkyard wheels with the same drop up front. I have 4 inch springs in the back. This pic was taken yeasterday. If you need help let me know. I also have the big tools for the control arms and all that.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
Chapstr's65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPhotos View Post
I too took advantage of holiday free shipping on big brake kit for my 62. Now time for the master cylinder.
WHAT FREE SHIPPING?!?!?! Jeff didn't say anything about that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthekawguy View Post
Just got mine back on some junkyard wheels with the same drop up front. I have 4 inch springs in the back. This pic was taken yeasterday. If you need help let me know. I also have the big tools for the control arms and all that.
Oh yeah man I would love the help. My father in law and I have been working on his Camaro front end and we have had to make our own tools for the ball joints, and control arms.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
Snailed

Good luck with CPP!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #10
Chapstr's65

Ok well I feel better about the drop height choice. I was just afraid that with it sitting on the bump stops now that the new drop would not be as low. At least it will ride stop and turn better!!!

Old 07-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #11
Bret B

Placed a large order this past weekend as well, online of course. Can't pass up the free shipping on large orders. It was either take the free shipping or use this forums discount. Hope it all pans out well.
.................|_/(0)\_ll____/(0)_l.
Bret B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:19 AM   #12
Chapstr's65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret B View Post
Placed a large order this past weekend as well, online of course. Can't pass up the free shipping on large orders. It was either take the free shipping or use this forums discount. Hope it all pans out well.
Oh ok, I got the discount. Hope the shipping is less than the discount was. Haha

Old 07-11-2014, 02:46 AM   #13
donthekawguy

PM sent
Old 07-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #14
Chapstr's65

Oh yeah gotta love the FedEx guy. Look what I got in. Just waiting on my back ordered springs. I think I am going to powder coat the spindles and master cylinder before installing anything. As I was going through the catalogue I noticed I could have gone with the wilwood upgrade for about $70 bucks more. Oh well I am on a super tight budget. Not looking to throw so much money at this truck that I will be afraid to pull it out of the garage. I think the CPP calipers look great, too bad you won't really be able to see them behind my current wheels. Haha

I am toying with the idea of possibly tearing this down to the frame and rebuilding him. But I want it done by OCT of next year. That is when I turn 40 and he will be 50, and I think that will be a great birthday gift for both if us.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
donthekawguy

Now that looks like fun! Take your stuff to Lake City Powdercoating off of Atlas in CDA. they do great work and are really reasonable. The only problem with them is they don't call when your stuff is done. But for the quality and price an extra phone call is worth it. I have been taking my stuff there for years. When your ready to get going give me a call and I'll bring a grinder cuz your going to need at least one. lol
Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #16
Chapstr's65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyC10 View Post
I ordered all my CPP stuff through Summit Racing. Free shipping as well. Said they wouldn't ship til 8/8 so I have a couple weeks left.
I didn't do the free shipping I went with the forum discount. Turned out to be a better deal. Sucks when they are so popular that they sell out. It took a couple of weeks to finally get my stuff and the springs are still on back order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailed View Post
I would build the entire spindle assembly before powder coating to make sure you have the correct/all parts. My kit was missing a bunch of stuff and had some wrong parts too that I had to replace at my own expense.
That's a bummer. I think it's all there. What parts where you missing?? Would they not send you the missing or correct parts after you noticed the deficiency??

Quote:
Now that looks like fun! Take your stuff to Lake City Powdercoating off of Atlas in CDA. they do great work and are really reasonable. The only problem with them is they don't call when your stuff is done. But for the quality and price an extra phone call is worth it. I have been taking my stuff there for years. When your ready to get going give me a call and I'll bring a grinder cuz your going to need at least one. lol
Will do man because it looks like a daunting task. And thanks for the heads up on the powder coating. Going to take my swing arms too.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #17
Bret B

Most of my kit came in Thursday as well. Still have a couple things on backorder, but that is somewhat OK. One day a month doesn't get me very far in my endeavors of the build. Your steering kit looks much more complete than mine, did you order additional hoses Chapster? I'm still inventorying some of the components. Would be nice to have an actual breakdown of what is supposed to be included instead of "Kit".
.................|_/(0)\_ll____/(0)_l.
Bret B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #18
JonnyC10
Account Suspended

I ordered all my CPP stuff through Summit Racing. Free shipping as well. Said they wouldn't ship til 8/8 so I have a couple weeks left.
JonnyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #19
Snailed

I would build the entire spindle assembly before powder coating to make sure you have the correct/all parts. My kit was missing a bunch of stuff and had some wrong parts too that I had to replace at my own expense.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #20
donthekawguy

Did you get the upgraded u bolts for the lower control arms? You can get them at auto zone but they have to order them and it takes a while. I think thats about all you will need to get it going. I'm sure something will come up that will put a hault on the rebuild. lol It is a big job but its pretty easy. Parts go where they go so its not bad.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #21
JonnyC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Did you get the upgraded u bolts for the lower control arms? You can get them at auto zone but they have to order them and it takes a while. I think thats about all you will need to get it going. I'm sure something will come up that will put a hault on the rebuild. lol It is a big job but its pretty easy. Parts go where they go so its not bad.
Do you have a part number for those puppies?
Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #22
bj383ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyC10 View Post
Do you have a part number for those puppies?
Here is a link to the ones I got from Summit Racing. They were like $18 with shipping. They worked perfect I didn't do any grinding or massaging to the crossmember.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-13503
Old 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #23
JonnyC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Here is a link to the ones I got from Summit Racing. They were like $18 with shipping. They worked perfect I didn't do any grinding or massaging to the crossmember.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-13503
Those will fit my 67?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:12 AM   #24
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Motion Auto should be able to get them much quicker. They likely have them in Spokane.

Quote:
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #25
Chapstr's65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailed View Post
I assembled the spindle and rotor. It's all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret B View Post
Most of my kit came in Thursday as well. Still have a couple things on backorder, but that is somewhat OK. One day a month doesn't get me very far in my endeavors of the build. Your steering kit looks much more complete than mine, did you order additional hoses Chapster? I'm still inventorying some of the components. Would be nice to have an actual breakdown of what is supposed to be included instead of "Kit".
I ordered the upgrade brake kit that used the stock size rotors and calipers with the drop spindle and ball joints and tie rod ends that come on the 73-87 trucks. And the power steering kit as well as the brake booster kit. mine came in several boxes and the kits were all mixed in together. It would be nice to have an individual break down of each kit.

Quote:
No I didn't order them but I guess I will. Haha how much more money can I throw at this. Haha anything else you can think of that I may need.