The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Sherman Snouts

Another new guy. Hello!

Hello from DFW. I have been a lurker for the past few years to the forum. Of course the forum is great, but I didnt want to get an account until I felt like I had something worthy of posting. And now the time is here. In 2011 I acquired a '71 Cheyenne 10 for FREE. It was my step brothers truck back in high school (hes in his mid 30's now). Its been sitting under a tree for the past 10 years. Not too long ago he got a DWI that he couldnt afford. He gave it to his father as payment. Father didnt want it, so now its all mine. Here is a pic before y'all get too antsy.

Before and after I got my hands on it. Pretty rough, didnt run.

My plans for the truck are a mild custom, frame off resto. Stock body and two tone paint, 450 horse small block, static drop, and mostly stock interior. Since I want the truck between the lines of custom and factory original, and since my step brother COULDNT stay between the lines, I feel like this project should be named "Between The Lines"! More to come!!
Attached Images

'71 Cheyenne 10- In the works

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=638156

Last edited by Sherman Snouts; 08-02-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Sherman Snouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: Another new guy. Hello!

I love the colors and the bench seat. Please keep those.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Sillyoldman

Nice truck. I can't help but to ask what that hood ornament is off of? The reason I ask is that I had a '72 C-10 Cheyenne which the previous owner put a Caddy ornament on. I'm guessing that they thought it was a pretty smooth ride? Just curious if there is some sort of coorilation. I like your idea for naming it. Can't wait to see your build thread.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
Sherman Snouts

Thanks for the quick replies. Its good to get some feed back. I find ochre one of the ugliest colors when you first see it, but it really grows on you. Gives it an older look. So Im still on the ropes about final paint. As for the hood ornament I always thought that was just a different option. It looks pretty old so maybe someone with some more knowledge can shed some light on it. Ill post a pic of it. The truck is pretty far along now. I wanted to accumulate a good amount of progress so it would be more entertaining for the viewers. Ill start a build thread soon enough. But for now, heres a teaser
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
Tinkermc

Well Sherman welcome to the Forum, I lived in Dallas for about 2 years. It is nice that you remembered the pic's. I do have a question? Is that your girlfriend sitting there looking at the truck? If it is she looks like a real dog. Ha! Ha! Glad to have you sir
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
FL71C10

I think the hood emblem is off of a late seventies square body. Maybe a 76 or 77 Silverado, which was the higher end model those years (I think)
Old 08-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
Sherman Snouts

Ha! Thats my boy, Sherman. He got the name cause his feet were so big when he was a pup, he reminded me of the WWII Sherman tank. He loved the truck because it used to be crawling with rats. As shown in the interior picture. Im sure many people around here can recall the smell of an abandoned interior.