The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
Holliday

Pro Performance air ride kit review

It's no surprise that dealing with Travis from Pro Performance is always great! So I knew after all the searching on the boards if I wanted a good quality air ride kit for my truck they were the way to go hands down. Air ride is not something you want to cut corners on 99.99% of the time you get what you pay for.

After tons of PM's back and forth me and Travis got the best kit put together for my needs since I already had a c-notch and rear shock re-locators I didn't need the full rear kit. I opted to get their bad a$$ air management kit made for our trucks with dual tanks and compressors. All the Porterbuilt stuff is top notch and everything arrived in perfect condition!

The only thing so far was the advertised Loctite 545 showed up in the form of a knock off harbor freight thread locker but Travis sent me the real deal right away. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I hope this review helps others looking for the best air ride kit for the money!

I'm still in the process of installing everything so I will try to update as I go. Thanks to all those before me that posted up great info so I could make an easy decision when it came time for me to pull the trigger on my air ride kit

Porterbuilt, Accuair suspension
Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Holliday

Re: Pro Performance air ride kit review

Some pics of the rear end. Had to weld in new saddles and installed CPP's rear disc brake kit. redid all the seals while I had it pulled out too. You can see the rear bags mounted halfway. I pulled the trialling arms off and fixed them up and replaced the bushings.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
jtp67-72

And u wont believe how slick those push in air fittings are.......I still can't
believe they work as well as they do..........jim
Old 02-17-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp67-72 View Post
And u wont believe how slick those push in air fittings are.......I still can't
believe they work as well as they do..........jim
Once I got everything hooked up and running I XERO leaks! Very impressed! I remember when I did my first air ride system in 2003 I had leaks everywhere! lol

I think better fittings and using the Loctite sealant on all the pipe threads made a huge difference!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
Holliday

I tried something different for now and installed the valve assembly inside the cab. Just welded a nice heavy gauge steel mount to the cab. Seamed like a good thing to do. Keeps it out of the elements and centrally located it on the truck. I have the AVS digital gauge and 4 of the sensors mount to the valve body so wont have to worry about moisture getting those either. I installed the air mufflers and you cant hear the bags deflate at all since the valves are in the cab.

I don't know if I will leave it in hear forever but there is nothing but dead space behind the seat so it works for now.