The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: I Primarily Buy My Parts From
Early Classics Enterprises 4 12.50%
Classic Performance Products 4 12.50%
LMC Truck 6 18.75%
Brothers 1 3.13%
It all depends on what I'm buying, they're all good 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Augi

What is Your Most Ideal Parts Source?

I know several people argue over who is the best to buy your parts from and everyone just getting into this has no idea who to buy from.

Im making this a poll, so the results will more clearly speak for themselves.

Also, if you want to comment on why you made your choice, youre more than welcome to.

71-Johnny Cash Special Cheyenne, Safety Blue
350-TH350, quadrajet
Augi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
REEDS 72

Re: What is Your Most Ideal Pars Source?

Three letters NOS
REEDS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
leddzepp

One word: junkyard

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
So.Cal.Super
It'll Buff Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
One word: junkyard

For new original parts I call Wes at Classic Heartbeat. His knowledge and Customer Service is Top notch.

When The owner of a place calls you on a Sunday (he's closed Sunday) to tell you he was mistaken where a part was made (mexico vs US) because he is prepping your order to ship and to see if you want to Cancel that order (wasn't a cheap part) I'm impressed. If I need new original I will always call him first.

http://www.classicheartbeat.com/

Become a Supporting Member
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Man Card Rules
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634550

72 Chevy Cheyenne Super 400 LWB
So.Cal.Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
chewychevy67

Re: What is Your Most Ideal Parts Source?

Im for classic heartbeat. Hes a vendor here as well. Nothing like the vendors on this board that sell part that they use. Then they can give you real custmer service .
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #6
68shortwide

All depends on what I'm buying, drop kits and disc brakes? Ece Or cpp. Body or interior parts, junkyard or Wes.
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #7
kcsa75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
Im for classic heartbeat. Hes a vendor here as well. Nothing like the vendors on this board that sell part that they use. Then they can give you real custmer service .
Include GMC Paul's in this group.

Also had good luck with LMC and Classic Parts of America, however, it should be noted that I can go to the counter at each place and don't have to deal with phone yahoos or shipping.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:38 PM   #8
flashed

SOKY ,Southern Kentucky Classics for me ,I have had great service from them .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #9
djgebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
SOKY ,Southern Kentucky Classics for me ,I have had great service from them .
Ditto for me, I have purchased many items from them and had excellent service and great quality every time.
I've also bought from GMC Pauls had the same great results, I just haven't bought as much from them.
djgebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Here is a story I have with Classic parts... from June this year!
I still go there for parts... I liked their customer service and selection better than anywhere else. Ive only had this one issue but as you'll read, it was a significant one (at least for my friend that was expecting his parts).

I bought a trailer full of parts from classic parts for me and some friends ($6600 worth to be exact). I usually buy sheet metal from them because I get a deal on their bedsides. I cant see spending another $50-80 for the same part at LMC. Here was the most recent issue I had.

1. I called ahead the day before and that morning (giving them time to pull the order). They had all 3 orders in the system and I let them know it was a long drive for me...3.5 hrs and I needed to turn and burn to not stay waiting.
2. I got there and nothing had been pulled for any of the orders. So they pulled the orders over the next 1.5 hrs. As they brought the parts I opened and inspected each part. We turned back 3 bedsides, a front bed panel and 1 cowl hood.
3. They double sold one hood on 2 of my orders (even though they knew I was picking it all up) so one of the guys didn't get a hood and the guy that ordered 2 hoods only got 1 (cause the other one was turned back as bad)
4. all the doors we opened (4) were damaged so that didn't get filled either.
5. Classic told the guy that didn't get half his order that he was going to have to pay shipping even thought they double sold the hood and the other parts were damaged. It took him until last week (5 months) to get his parts and he had to pay shipping cause of their mistake!
I want to reiterate that I really do like Classic Parts and this is my only issue I've had through all my dealings with them but I didn't like the outcome.

I shop at LMC for parts too because I am always looking to save money and they are both on the same route for me when I drive to KC. I just feel like some of the parts Ive bought are inferior to what I was expecting.

Also in Wichita (close to me) is "Bow Tie Bits". The owner Jeff is inconvenienced by anyone walking in and needing parts . If your going to the counter, you better have your part numbers ready. I realize it can be annoying some days for a "tire kicker" that doesn't know what he wants or has no money but that's called customer service. You'd be hard pressed to get an in store customer experience that doesn't follow along the lines of him first asking you if you have the part numbers wrote down.

All the stories aside ...I try to go to Classic parts most of the time. If there are other places /suppliers that can match prices on comparable pieces Id like to know where/who it is. I buy a lot of parts for friends like the order to classic parts I bought this summer. Sorry for the long rant but I thought Id give my bad deals and first hand experience stories for a well rounded approach.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #11
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

I would ask what you think about shopping at a large company that steels a smaller companie's parts design only to have them duplicated and made in China. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
I would ask what you think about shopping at a large company that steels a smaller companie's parts design only to have them duplicated and made in China. WES
Wes,
Do tell! Love to hear the executive version of that story.
I'm always willing to learn and be persuaded to change places I buy from.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
mechanicalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash3481 View Post
Here is a story I have with Classic parts... from June this year!
I still go there for parts... I liked their customer service and selection better than anywhere else. Ive only had this one issue but as you'll read, it was a significant one (at least for my friend that was expecting his parts).

I bought a trailer full of parts from classic parts for me and some friends ($6600 worth to be exact). I usually buy sheet metal from them because I get a deal on their bedsides. I cant see spending another $50-80 for the same part at LMC. Here was the most recent issue I had.

1. I called ahead the day before and that morning (giving them time to pull the order). They had all 3 orders in the system and I let them know it was a long drive for me...3.5 hrs and I needed to turn and burn to not stay waiting.
2. I got there and nothing had been pulled for any of the orders. So they pulled the orders over the next 1.5 hrs. As they brought the parts I opened and inspected each part. We turned back 3 bedsides, a front bed panel and 1 cowl hood.
3. They double sold one hood on 2 of my orders (even though they knew I was picking it all up) so one of the guys didn't get a hood and the guy that ordered 2 hoods only got 1 (cause the other one was turned back as bad)
4. all the doors we opened (4) were damaged so that didn't get filled either.
5. Classic told the guy that didn't get half his order that he was going to have to pay shipping even thought they double sold the hood and the other parts were damaged. It took him until last week (5 months) to get his parts and he had to pay shipping cause of their mistake!
I want to reiterate that I really do like Classic Parts and this is my only issue I've had through all my dealings with them but I didn't like the outcome.

I shop at LMC for parts too because I am always looking to save money and they are both on the same route for me when I drive to KC. I just feel like some of the parts Ive bought are inferior to what I was expecting.

Also in Wichita (close to me) is "Bow Tie Bits". The owner Jeff is inconvenienced by anyone walking in and needing parts . If your going to the counter, you better have your part numbers ready. I realize it can be annoying some days for a "tire kicker" that doesn't know what he wants or has no money but that's called customer service. You'd be hard pressed to get an in store customer experience that doesn't follow along the lines of him first asking you if you have the part numbers wrote down.

All the stories aside ...I try to go to Classic parts most of the time. If there are other places /suppliers that can match prices on comparable pieces Id like to know where/who it is. I buy a lot of parts for friends like the order to classic parts I bought this summer. Sorry for the long rant but I thought Id give my bad deals and first hand experience stories for a well rounded approach.
You are obviously a nicer person than me. After giving them all that time and explaining your situation, I would have waited till all the parts were pulled then turned around and left. I know, cutting my nose off to spite my face but I'm an old hard-head and don't like being lied to.

Not to be negative, but I've heard this story before about the same company. They WILL NOT pull parts and have them ready for you, but they WILL tell you they are going to do it just to get you in the door.

Now, I suppose at some point people have ordered parts, wanted them pre-pulled, and never showed up to get them. That does not justify them lying to you though.

AT LEAST they should have verified the parts were sellable. They really should verify sell-ability before they put them on the shelf.

No, I'd make them know that they lost a big sale because of this. I'd drive twice as far to get them somewhere else.
mechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #14
Cash3481
Loves all GMC trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
You are obviously a nicer person than me. After giving them all that time and explaining your situation, I would have waited till all the parts were pulled then turned around and left. I know, cutting my nose off to spite my face but I'm an old hard-head and don't like being lied to.

Not to be negative, but I've heard this story before about the same company. They WILL NOT pull parts and have them ready for you, but they WILL tell you they are going to do it just to get you in the door.

Now, I suppose at some point people have ordered parts, wanted them pre-pulled, and never showed up to get them. That does not justify them lying to you though.

AT LEAST they should have verified the parts were sellable. They really should verify sell-ability before they put them on the shelf.

No, I'd make them know that they lost a big sale because of this. I'd drive twice as far to get them somewhere else.

In their defense...
I understand people call and place pending orders a lot and they never go get them... But Based on my previous orders (several $k's and a few complete beds and several fenders later. I should be taken as credible... especially since I called the day before and that morning when I was driving there.
I now know they will not be pulling the parts until I go there. I decided to go there, order/place the order then go to lunch while they pull it all. Then return and open every box.
You cannot play the game until you know the rules! LOL
Old 11-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #15
michael bustamante

Upullit fo sho....
Ece also
Old 11-14-2014, 12:07 AM   #16
ElKotze

Since I'm from Kansas, I always check LMC, because I usually get it the next day. But I'm not always impressed with their quality. I really like Summit Racing, very good experience.
ElKotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #17
kjdolphins

GMC Pauls. Great experience shopping there!
78 Z/28 Camaro - "Rocky"
89 Camaro RS 305 TBI DD - "Betsy"
kjdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #18
Elliot949

Between ECE and CPP I will choose ECE ANY day over CPP for the same like part.. ECE's customer service and tech support is MILES ahead of CPP...

As far as the companies like Classic Parts of America, LMC or Brothers my choice will always be Classic Parts of America for the same reason as my choices between ECE and CPP...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #19
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Between ECE and CPP I will choose ECE ANY day over CPP for the same like part.. ECE's customer service and tech support is MILES ahead of CPP...

As far as the companies like Classic Parts of America, LMC or Brothers my choice will always be Classic Parts of America for the same reason as my choices between ECE and CPP...
What he said.

I do pick and choose who to order which stuff from depending on what they do best. General parts I go to Classic Parts, easy to find what I want online and they ship quick, generally have everything I want.

ECE for suspension and brakes

Items where I know there is a wide variance in quality I'll go to GMC Paul or Classic heartbeat.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #20
72bowtiestepper

Classic Parts of America....fair prices and better shipping rates than some other places I have used.
72bowtiestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #21
jeffahart

It's not where you order but how you order. You duck you head as you place the order, because you know you're about to get hit with a buck of sh*^!

My expectations are so low that I only order reproduction if I cannot make the original part work.
jeffahart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #22
jeffahart

But to the question.

Three places that have treated me good lately, via products and entertaining phone questions..

Offroad Design.
Boyce.
Barns.
GMC Pauls.
jeffahart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #23
DrawDown

I use ece and cpp for brakes and suspension. Usually have real good experiences with lmc for restoration type stuff, and I have nothing but good things to say about summit racing for performance parts. Those guys are on point. With that said though, I've ordered from nearly everybody and haven't really had any bad experiences with anyone except Coys. Those dudes there need to get it together, I'm really surprised they are still in business. Horrible communication and constant runaround on shipping dates.
DrawDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #24
Tzclark

I use a local shop, I know I am paying more than online but I get to deal with people face to face.
2014 nissan pathfinder sl (the kid hauler)
Tzclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #25
KMC3420

Suspension: ECE
Cab corners, cab floor supports: Tabco, USA Made
For all other sheet metal: GMC Pauls, or H&H Classic out of Bentonville, AR