The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
dirtwork

New Aftermarket Doors

I am looking for feedback on aftermarket replacement doors for our trucks. I have heard about fit issues in the past. For those of you who have used them what has your experience been? How is quality compared to the original? What vendor(s) have you purchased from? I am going to be getting paint work done on my 72 c30 yet this winter, and doors may be the only issue. Fenders, rockers and conners are good. The truck was done once in the past. I would prefer to find clean original doors, but my location kind of hinders that. New doors seem to be more readily shipped and may be a viable option. Plan is we are going to dive into this and see what we have first. The inner bottoms look questionable, as the previous body work was not the best in those areas. I'm trying to do a little pre planning so if we decide it would be best to not repair my doors I can proceed accordingly.
dirtwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
junior43

Re: New Aftermarket Doors

I stock the doors that Key Parts has now that are the better fitting, heavier doors from Apex. Let me know if I can help you. I am just next door in Indiana.

Jeff
Old 01-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
Nsanehotrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtwork View Post
I am looking for feedback on aftermarket replacement doors for our trucks. I have heard about fit issues in the past. For those of you who have used them what has your experience been? How is quality compared to the original? What vendor(s) have you purchased from? I am going to be getting paint work done on my 72 c30 yet this winter, and doors may be the only issue. Fenders, rockers and conners are good. The truck was done once in the past. I would prefer to find clean original doors, but my location kind of hinders that. New doors seem to be more readily shipped and may be a viable option. Plan is we are going to dive into this and see what we have first. The inner bottoms look questionable, as the previous body work was not the best in those areas. I'm trying to do a little pre planning so if we decide it would be best to not repair my doors I can proceed accordingly.
The older style doors were too tall at the front corner of the door hoop. The new style doors seem to have fixed that problem. We only use aftermarket doors due to the fact that they are a lot straighter and easier to bodywork compared to the original doors. The original doors curve in where it meets the fender. If you need help deciding or need pictures let us know as we have three of these trucks in the shop right now. We are also running a sale thru January 31st with 20% off! www.nsanehotrodz.com
Tennessee's #1 HotRod Shop!
Nsanehotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
RRR18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsanehotrodz View Post
The older style doors were too tall at the front corner of the door hoop. The new style doors seem to have fixed that problem. We only use aftermarket doors due to the fact that they are a lot straighter and easier to bodywork compared to the original doors. The original doors curve in where it meets the fender. If you need help deciding or need pictures let us know as we have three of these trucks in the shop right now. We are also running a sale thru January 31st with 20% off! www.nsanehotrodz.com
Nice site. I'll keep you guys in mind.

Follow on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rtimes3c10/

Ryan
RRR18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
dirtwork

Thanks for the replies! It sounds as if the poor fit issues have been addressed. This may very likely be the direction we go, as a lot of time and money can be spent to fix the originals which could be spent to start new.
dirtwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
JHT67

Fine69 (Mike) is from Urbana, we went out there 2 or 3 years ago, he had a few sets of good original doors, you should PM him, maybe he still has some.
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #7
allons

I've got aftermarket doors (I don't know what kind) but my original glass won't fit! On both doors the glass won't go all the way to the top. It's like the glass is too wide. But, the doors fit the old cab perfect!

Anybody got any solutions?
allons is offline   Reply With Quote