The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
hotcorner216

LM7 rebuild kit recommendations...

So i blew my lm7 running 18lbs of boost.....

Okay so Not really....

Im getting a complete 07 5.3l long block, has 120k but needs a rebuild bottom up, im Getting it from my buddy fo $100 so im jumping on it....even though im still looking for a c10 to put it in. (gona go look at 2 this weekend, hopefully itll work out with one.....or both) lol

Anywho, im going for a budget build, want to keep it pretty stock, its gona be my daily so i need reliability and decent mpg for a truck....heres what im looking for...

-Good "stock/factory" rebuild kit recommendations
-nice mild cam
-Maybe nice performance intake to go with cam

Id like to be around 350/375hp with being able to do a low boost turbo/SC set up in a year or so (after i finish the swap)...eventually 475hp mark

Turbo chargers at cruise are better for mpg bc no parasitic effect compared to something like a procharger right?

Sorry of it seems alll over the place...just tryna join the c10 fam asap! Thanks
hotcorner216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: LM7 rebuild kit recommendations...

Alright I hate to bust any bubbles but being in the business that I'm in I hear all kinds of things about the prices of used parts and why they are what they are. I get that info from standing in the salvage sale yard where the guys that either own the big salvage yard or their buyer get their cars/trucks that they use to sell for the parts to the public. Now one of the hot things right now,well it is starting to cool some , is the 07 and 08 Chevrolet 5.3 motor cause they had plastic lifter retainers and that they had a problem with them breaking and letting the lifter turning in the bore and wiping out the camshaft.
So with that said I would implore you while changing cams change lifters and retainer styles as well on that motor.
Yes the turbo type of boost is less parasitic than the belt driven kind. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote